1.    #1  
    As people have mentioned here:

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...w-99cents.html

Lots of Apps have disappeared with the update for the pre 3. Will this likely be corrected eventually? Or is there a way to fool the app catalogue to think you are running an older version of webos?
    im guessing their compatability with the pre3 was withdrawn? if you just look at teh reviews the apps have had theres tons of pre3/touchpad users having issues with some of those older pre3/earlier applications and games, maybe they just gave up after recieving lots of bad reviews or emails.

the bulk of those apps can be fixed changing the device number in the apps metadata.json file to [101,102] or [101] or just re-installing the app.

failing that if youve already purchased them, the apptuckerbox app can bring them back to any device you desire.

What would be nice is being allowed to visit the app catalogue and overriding what you can buy from there for those of us willing to take a risk buying and installing older software to see if they will run.
    Yeah, I noticed the app Quick Timers is nowhere to be found. Don't know if it has something to do with 2.2.4 or the dev just pulled it. It did not get reinstalled after doctoring to 2.2.4, it's not in the catalog anymore. I miss it.
    For the N.O.V.A app, if I go to https://developer.palm.com/appredire...eloft.app.nova on my laptop, Pre3 is not listed as a compatible device. Are you positive you were able to see this specific app previously on the Pre3 or are you speculating? If the former, on what kind of Pre3 and what version? 2.2.0, 2.2.3, etc.

If there are other apps that you are sure were originally available on the Pre3, please list them out and I'll try to investigate.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    Yeah, I noticed the app Quick Timers is nowhere to be found. Don't know if it has something to do with 2.2.4 or the dev just pulled it. It did not get reinstalled after doctoring to 2.2.4, it's not in the catalog anymore. I miss it.
    If you go to https://developer.palm.com/appredire...sun.quicktimer on a non-webOS device (like your laptop), it appears that it has been pulled for everyone.
    apptuckerbox can still aquire it, i had it for the pre3 before they were pulled from the device compatability and have doctored 2x since then, apptucker allowed me to reaquire it and others i had purchased.
  7.    #7  
    NOVA was mentioned because of the thread I linked to in the first post. I didnt have it myself but would probably buy at the discounted price.

Will try the method geekpeter mentioned! Thanks
    After doctoring to 2.2.4, I lost several apps too on my Pre3. Thanks to 'AppTucker' I have been able to get most of them back.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    But luckily, we still have them on the TP. Is better playable also on such a big screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissAcosta View Post
    If you go to https://developer.palm.com/appredire...sun.quicktimer on a non-webOS device (like your laptop), it appears that it has been pulled for everyone.
    Thank you for having a look!

Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    apptuckerbox can still aquire it, i had it for the pre3 before they were pulled from the device compatability and have doctored 2x since then, apptucker allowed me to reaquire it and others i had purchased.
    Are you talking about Quick Timer now? I haven't used Apptucker yet - is it possible to get apps that have been pulled from the catalog?
    I haven't used Apptucker yet - is it possible to get apps that have been pulled from the catalog?
    no, if they're actually pulled from the catalog the app tuckerbox can't get them either. but more commonly an app simply doesn't appear for some combinations of device and webos version, but it's still in there somewhere and then app tuckerbox can get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    no, if they're actually pulled from the catalog the app tuckerbox can't get them either. but more commonly an app simply doesn't appear for some combinations of device and webos version, but it's still in there somewhere and then app tuckerbox can get it.
    That's what I thought. And apparently QuickTimer was simply pulled from the catalog.
    I just had a small hope there, that geekpeter is talking about this app (I guess he was talking about NOVA?) and there actually was a way to get it again.
    That's what I thought. And apparently QuickTimer was simply pulled from the catalog.
    I just had a small hope there, that geekpeter is talking about this app (I guess he was talking about NOVA?) and there actually was a way to get it again.
    I do not see QuickTimer or Quick Timer using app tuckerbox. So yes, it appears you're out of luck. If you can find a device that still has it installed, there are ways to extract the app from the device. I don't know how, but I know it can be done.