Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    the voice is covered: Pre3 is quad band ...the data is covered: they use 2100 band. But, is HP/Palm represented in Belgium for OTA, apps (I have a US based account, address, and credit card all set up now, should I establish a separate account with palm for use in BE ...also, what if I want to use my veer which is just sitting on the table idle)? What would be the best strategy ...stay is prolonged (months).
  2. #2  
    Are you from Belgium? Do you speak french or dutch? I can help you. I'm from Belgium and I have a HP Pre3
  3. #3  
    I live in The Netherlands (so in the Benelux) and works fine here. Got the Pre 3 OTA, apps can be purchased when choosing the German App Catalog (both the Touchpad and Pre 3). You can't buy apps from the US App Catalog unless you have a US creditcard. Any creditcard that belongs to someone outside the US won't be accepted so you'll have to either use the German App Catalog or the UK App Catalog from the Benelux.
  4.    #4  
    from Belgium (& USA too) in BE ...south near to France, Luxembourg, Germany ...a little further up to Holland (Maastricht)... I speak French.
    Last edited by patapoof; 12/28/2011 at 06:57 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    I live in The Netherlands (so in the Benelux) and works fine here. Got the Pre 3 OTA, apps can be purchased when choosing the German App Catalog (both the Touchpad and Pre 3). You can't buy apps from the US App Catalog unless you have a US creditcard. Any creditcard that belongs to someone outside the US won't be accepted so you'll have to either use the German App Catalog or the UK App Catalog from the Benelux.
    I bought my Pre3 in the USA and it is UNLOCKED AT&T and as such has quad band GSM which is good for my Belgian SIM card (Proximus), and also is good for data via 2G or else 3G where it exists via 2100mHz band.

    My account is registered in the USA with palm and has a USA credit card on it so I can get the apps, but I am concerned if the device with the Proximus SIM card in it will show the HP app store from which I have purchased a few apps.

    The webOSinternals are freely available via Preware or even via Index of /feeds/webos-patches/2.2.3/ (or Index of /feeds/webos-patches/3.0.4/ for my Touchpad). I am less concerned about those.

    My sync is no problem as I use google for calendar and contacts listings.

    Where are you from?
  6. #6  
    Ah, j'habite à Gand, mais je parle français.

    I have alsof proximus, I can see the HP app store, but I didn't buy anything yet.. 2G and 3G works fine.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomac_90 View Post
    Ah, j'habite à Gand, mais je parle français.

    I have alsof proximus, I can see the HP app store, but I didn't buy anything yet.. 2G and 3G works fine.
    I know 3g is not all over in belgium ...what general area are you near where 3g is working ...where I live in the south, there is no 3g, only 2g ...the data is very slow, so I mostly try to find a hotspot...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    I live in The Netherlands (so in the Benelux) and works fine here. Got the Pre 3 OTA, apps can be purchased when choosing the German App Catalog (both the Touchpad and Pre 3). You can't buy apps from the US App Catalog unless you have a US creditcard. Any creditcard that belongs to someone outside the US won't be accepted so you'll have to either use the German App Catalog or the UK App Catalog from the Benelux.
    I don't mind using UK or DE app catalog ...I didn't buy much from the USA one ...mostly I got stuff from the Preware catalog...
  9. phgerin's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #9  
    I got my Pre 3 from Expansys (France), unlocked, and it works in Belgium for OTA apps with a belgian credit card.
  10. letijr's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #10  
    Hello there, I'm from the Principauté de Bruxelles :-)

    Bought my Pre 3 on the Europe Palm Store and it's linked to an US account so I can get apps and stuffs (no official apps store for Belgium). All is working fine for me, apps/system are updated.

    From a 3G coverage, I'm Mobile Vikings (Base) and it does work well for me in Brussels and in the major cities I've been in Belgium (mainly in the Democratic Republic of Flanders). To be honest, I've never been further than Waterloo and Mons in the République Populaire de Wallonie, but from what I recall, I was on EDGE when I was around the French border.

    Hope it helps.
    HP Pre 3 not capable to display names of people calling in
    Touchpad with cracked case
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Letijr View Post
    Hello there, I'm from the Principauté de Bruxelles :-)

    Bought my Pre 3 on the Europe Palm Store and it's linked to an US account so I can get apps and stuffs (no official apps store for Belgium). All is working fine for me, apps/system are updated.

    From a 3G coverage, I'm Mobile Vikings (Base) and it does work well for me in Brussels and in the major cities I've been in Belgium (mainly in the Democratic Republic of Flanders). To be honest, I've never been further than Waterloo and Mons in the République Populaire de Wallonie, but from what I recall, I was on EDGE when I was around the French border.

    Hope it helps.
    I don't really care if I have 2g and slow data as I mostly use it in the car to find something... when at home, I have wifi, so... what I like in BE is wherever I go even in the woods I have a signal ...that is good for troubles and to get help ...also, it's good to make sure family members are OK when they are out there...
  12.    #12  
    I am happy there are customizable maps for navit ...I use the gps frequently in BE ...I don't care if it speaks well or even at all as in the past what I do is just get the directions listed and then follow them... that works for me and I don't need a leader!

Posting Permissions