Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Sumy
  • 3 Post By Sumy
  • 1 Post By andyhurley
  1.    #1  
    I was able to make a HP Pre 3 replacement battery with exactly the same specifications as original one.
    Original and mine are both using Samsung cell ICP474350N with capacity 1230 to max 1250 mAh

I have also checked other suitable batteries from Chinese manufacturers to get a better price, and they are offering about 1100mAh for the same size.

I have made a few samples for me and my friends. A few with Samsung ICP474350N and a few with Chinese cells and all are working great.

I am planning to make more with Samsung cells for one of our customer & I wonder are any of you guys interested in buying them. I can sell them for about 20 (26 US$) with included sending by unregistered snail mail. I think sending from EU to any EU country or even worldwide wouldn't be very expensive even if sending by registered (signed for) snail mail, i need to check for that first.
    xandros9 and MAMISHO like this.
    impressive.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Any pictures?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  4.    #4  
    Here are some pictures of original and replacement (copy) HP Pre 3 batteries. I have marked original / copy on the photos. Photo of the battery showing Samsung cell is original one, I will upload some more pictures of replacement ones in the following days.

Now I am just waiting for Samsung cells to be available from distributor.

If all will be as planned I will be able to offer 2 batteries with postage included (signed for - registered mail) for less than 30 , this offer will be valid for forum members only.
    MAMISHO, xandros9 and hrhoades like this.
    I am also interested, please keep the forum updated with your efforts in locating Samsung cells
    Count me on !!
    is it including the shipment fee to Asian country?
    Lithium Battery For HP Pre 3 - Cell Phone Batteries

Replacement Pre3 Battery

$10.99
    $10 off $30 order: VETER211
    Free shipping: VETER212

You have to pick one promo code or the other, I ordered 3 batteries so I used the first,
    hope this helps people, my Pre3 battery life has been really bad lately...
    Hi,

I managed to get a original Pre 3 battery thro' Ebay. Somebopdy was selling.

I copuld'nt find any differences after I received the same and yes, I am happy
    Quote Originally Posted by dadueler View Post
    Lithium Battery For HP Pre 3 - Cell Phone Batteries

Replacement Pre3 Battery

$10.99
    $10 off $30 order: VETER211
    Free shipping: VETER212

You have to pick one promo code or the other, I ordered 3 batteries so I used the first,
    hope this helps people, my Pre3 battery life has been really bad lately...
    there is no shipping to italy? sad me
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    This is great, but what would really be useful is an external battery charger for these batteries.
    D

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I need a pair in Spain : D
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMISHO View Post
    I need a pair in Spain : D
    someone is selling the battery for pre3 on ebay
    HP PRE3 Original Battery New | eBay
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Archway88 View Post
    someone is selling the battery for pre3 on ebay
    HP PRE3 Original Battery New | eBay
    Someone is selling the original on ebay for $25 HP PRE3 Original Battery NEW | eBay

I also know that HTC HD2 uses the same cell as the Pre3 and it can be found for around $4 from china. I built once a battery for my outdated GPS and it was successfull. I wonder where Sumy got his battery housings because I was thinking on buying an HTC HD2 battery then put it into a housing that can fit into Pre 3. I know I can buy it for around $35 but would like to do thisby myself and I hope anyone can help.
    Quote Originally Posted by nideiki View Post
    Someone is selling the original on ebay for $25 HP PRE3 Original Battery NEW | eBay

I also know that HTC HD2 uses the same cell as the Pre3 and it can be found for around $4 from china. I built once a battery for my outdated GPS and it was successfull. I wonder where Sumy got his battery housings because I was thinking on buying an HTC HD2 battery then put it into a housing that can fit into Pre 3. I know I can buy it for around $35 but would like to do thisby myself and I hope anyone can help.
    Don't forget that Mugen do both a 1400 and a 2800 (with replacement back) as well so it's not like Pre3 replacement batteries are hard to find. It's one of the few spare parts we don't have a problem with.
    gizmo21 likes this.