1.    #1  
    Hi,

The process endar.google.jsjsjs ($1$) $is$ $sometimes$ $using$ $the$ $available$ $CPU$ $and$ $making$ $it$ $scale$ $to$ $max$ $speed$ ($2$).

I've noticed this because I use to have Govnah running on the touchstone, and I can see long periods (it's been at full throthle for +10 minutes now) sometimes.

I think this may be the problem I've seen some days, where it eats 2/3 battery in 12 hours under light use, while other days it takes 1/3.

Any idea on what to check? It's showing a flat line at max 1,537MHz for 15 minutes now... 8-/

TIA

(1) as reported by "top", run from XServer
    (2) I'm running A1-42 kernel, ondemandctl 246-1.537MHz, voltage somehow reduced, cswap off, 15 patches installed
  2.    #2  
    After +15 minutes of a flat 1,537MHz, I've opened calendar, then choosed "update" (mine's in spanish)... and it now scales again (246 to 1,537MHz)!!

Maybe that helps...

TIA
    Also having the fast Pre 3 battery drain problem. Installed Govnah and see it's hung at 1.4015 GHz constantly...assuming this is what is causing battery drain..any suggestions!?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tlayng12 View Post
    Also having the fast Pre 3 battery drain problem. Installed Govnah and see it's hung at 1.4015 GHz constantly...assuming this is what is causing battery drain..any suggestions!?
    Could you confirm it's the same process eating up the cpu (check my first post)?
  5.    #5  
    Hi there!

I've uninstalled A1 kernel, then reboot. Same behaviour happens:

-after 5-10 min it runs at maximum speed (flat line in govnah),
    -after 10 minutes at full speed I can confirm through "top" that it's the same endar.google.jsjsjs $process$ $who$'$s$ $eating$ $up$ $the$ $cpu$ ($and$ $temp$ $scales$ $to$ $48$!!)
    -opening calendar and chosing update solves the problem...

Any idea?

TIA
    How would I check for that process?
  7.    #7  
    How would I check for that process?
    Running "top" from a console, either Xterminal from the Pre3 itself, or from the pc (connecting the usb cable, then running novaterm -you have to have the Palm Novacom driver installed-).

Once you get top running, press "P" (uppercase p) to get the list sorted in cpu usage.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I think this is a problem with the google calendar:
    Sometimes it hangs somewhere and tries to sync but crashes.

Try removing and adding again your google calendar account.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hamiller View Post
    I think this is a problem with the google calendar:
    Sometimes it hangs somewhere and tries to sync but crashes.

Try removing and adding again your google calendar account.
    I already removed the kernel (A1): the problem was still there.

Also tryed removing all patches (through EPR); that was yesterday night, and now, after 8h in airplane mode and 7h with low use and bad signal it's at 89%... it is not happening today, but I'm not sure if it's because of the patch removal or...

I'll wait for the problem to reappear before removing and adding my google account.

Thanks!
  10.    #10  
    I uninstalled all the patches 24 hours ago; since then, the phone has been in airplane mode for 8h, then 16h of light use (*)... and now it's still at 70% ...

I think I'm going to stay with stock kernel & no patches for some days and see if the problem reappears

(*) some BT, some wifi, data always on. 8h on bad signal coverage.
    I downloaded Battery Monitor, now battery life is great...don't know what the change was. Getting -4 mA somehow..
  12.    #12  
    I downloaded Battery Monitor, now battery life is great...don't know what the change was. Getting -4 mA somehow..
    I'll stay with stock phone (no kernel nor patches installed) a few days more. Actual is:

-phone fully charged 23h 2 days ago (after removing kernel & patches),

-since then, it's been in airplane mode for 15h, and 27h with data on, bt or wifi sometimes on, light use... still at 45% !!

I'll keep you informed!
    Quote Originally Posted by quini View Post
    I'll stay with stock phone (no kernel nor patches installed) a few days more. Actual is:

-phone fully charged 23h 2 days ago (after removing kernel & patches),

-since then, it's been in airplane mode for 15h, and 27h with data on, bt or wifi sometimes on, light use... still at 45% !!

I'll keep you informed!
    hi quini, how's your testing result? actually running under airplane mode will get me a decent battery life. but as long as I turn on data transfer, the google reminder process will start to drain out the battery.
  14.    #14  
    Hi again!

After some days with stock kernel & no patches I didn't find the problem again, and the phone lasted almost 2 days 1 night with light use.

I then began testing with the patches I had installed, and finally I guess the problem may be related to:

a) the following patches:
    1. Advanced System Prefs - Framework, v.2.2.4-10,
    2. AdvanceAdvanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs, v.2.2.4-15 (the 1st one is needed for the messaging prefs to work)

and/or

b) some bug related to the messaging app

---

I've got 2 accounts set up for messaging: skype & gtalk. I tryed the above patches to be able to select which one I'd like to have online, as the default behaviour is all on (or all off).

After removing both patches (I really removed everything non-stock, kernel & patches) I didn't find the problem again... and as I didn't care because I'm not used to chat, I didn't try the IM without the patches in a) (hopefully some other will); IM is always off in my phone.

Right now I've got all the patches I had installed (but the 2 in a) ) with apparently no effect on battery life. Patches are:

1. Add scrollbars to the browser, 2.2.4-3, isagar2004
    2. Disable landscape gesture scroll, 2.2.4-9, malpha,fritos1406
    3. Improved photo naming CIMG, 2.2.4-14, Robitaille
    4. Video camera flashlight, 2.2.4-14, Robitaille
    5. Ad blocker, 2.2.4-14, Robitaille
    6. Unthrottle download manager, 2.2.4-14, diomark,Robitaille
    7. Ringer switch icon, 2.2.4-14, Rhmland,Robitaille
    8. MP4 video downloader, 2.2.4-14, Robitaille
    9. Sync fix for stable upload, 2.2.4-4, moo
    10. Unset CFQ IO scheduler, 2.2.4-5, WebS Internals
    11. UberCalendar, 2.2.4-2, MetaView
    12. UberCalendar multilingual localization, 2.2.4-32, Kratus

Hope the above helps
    Hi there, I'm facing the same problem. Govnah reporting that I'm running my Pre3 constantly on 1.4016 Ghz and thus drawing my battery from 88% to 58% in just 10 minutes!

I have this tacts.linker.jsjsjs $being$ $the$ $most$ $active$ $thread$ ($with$ $around$ $70$% $of$ $the$ $CPU$ $usage$) $and$ $I$'$m$ $currently$ $using$ $stable$ $version$ $of$ $latest$ $UberKernel$. $Any$ $help$ $on$ $this$?
  16.    #16  
    @Spinnel: have you got the patches specified in point a), or do you use IM??
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    My pre 3 is having this problem. Of staying flat lined at 100% cpu usage. When I run top on xterm it says that chatthreader.jsjsjs $is$ $the$ $one$ $consuming$ $MOST$ $of$ $the$ $cpu$...

I even Doctor it and as soon as I instal Govnah to check it out it was behaving the same way... Does anybody knows if my Pre is just broken or is there something I could do to repair this?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by eny2002 View Post
    My pre 3 is having this problem. Of staying flat lined at 100% cpu usage. When I run top on xterm it says that chatthreader.jsjsjs $is$ $the$ $one$ $consuming$ $MOST$ $of$ $the$ $cpu$...

I even Doctor it and as soon as I instal Govnah to check it out it was behaving the same way... Does anybody knows if my Pre is just broken or is there something I could do to repair this?
    Hi. I'm sorry I have no solution for you. All I can say is that it seems something related to .jsjsjs $programs$, $such$ $as$:
    • tacts.google.jsjsjs, $reported$ $by$ $quini$
    • endar.google.jsjsjs, $reported$ $by$ $quini$
    • tacts.linker.jsjsjs, $reported$ $by$ $spinnel$
    • chatthreader.jsjsjs, $reported$ $by$ $eny2002$

The behaviour is:
    • CPU flat at max MHz (no scaling shown by govnah in exposition mode)
    • The .jsjsjs $app$ $is$ $eating$ $most$ $CPU$ ($check$ $with$ &$quot$;$top$&$quot$;: $idle$ $is$ $0$%)
    • It -obviously- overheats

A temporary solution is to kill the process that's eating the cpu:
    1. Open a console (f.i. Xecutah -> Xterm)
    2. Run "top"
    3. Sort by CPU usage pressing "P"
    4. Press "k"
    5. Enter the process PID (1st column; fonts are horribly small!!)
    6. Press "enter"
    7. Press "y"
    8. Press "enter"

We should apply for help... who could we address to??

Thanks!