Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Here's a question - is there a Pre3 owner on 2.2.4 who HASN'T got this bug?
    I have an european (french azerty) pre 3 with functional text assist. Mistyped words are displayed underlined with red dots. When I tap them I get a list of suggestions as usual.

I have one problem though, that appeared in 2.2.4. When I type in an unknown word with non-english characters ( ) I can't add it to my text assist dictionary since text assist replaces those characters on the alternative for adding symbols (see the attached image for an example). Does anybody else have this problem, or know a way to fix it?

I could add that the same problem appears on my touchpad (3.0.5)...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Thanks to herrie help, I tried to patch some files on the device running 2.2.4 to try and reciver 2.2.3 behaviour. Patching smarkey stuff did not help : after having patched SmartKeyService binary and config files, it works as on 2.2.4.
    Based on a 2.2.3/2.2.4 diff, I tried to patch libraries. I finally managed to make the bug disappear patching /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so.
    So there is probably something wrong with the 2.2.4 version of this file.
    Patching a library file is not something to recommend as you don't know about the hidden consequences that may exist. On the other hand 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 are really close, so it may work. The safest way is probably to go back to 2.2.3.

Lionel
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Just tested it : it is also fixed by 2.2.5 version of libWebKitLuna.so (from Pre3 2.2.5 doctor).
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    You can just go to the text assistent and enter the word manually. I did so and it works.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Yes you can add custom words this way. But you still miss the suggestions to correct mispellings (with autocorrection off). It comes back if you patch the lib.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12