1.    #1  
    I have a US AT&T 16GB P3 with the stock kernel which was upgraded to 2.2.4 via OTA with zero issues - I had removed all of my patches prior to upgrading, so everything went smoothly for me. I reapplied the available patches after the update.

Did anyone else notice that if you hold a link in the browser that the popup context menu (for opening the link in a new card, etc.) does not pop up in 2.2.4? Or is it just me?

I noticed it this morning on the train... So when I got to the office, I completely removed all of the patches I had applied since 2.2.4 but it was still happening. It looks like it wants to open the context menu... you can see the link you're holding cycle through two color changes as if some timer is supposed to trigger an event, but no context menu comes up. The context menu will pop up if I hold down the option key and then click a link - which sucks because then I'll have to open the keyboard whenever I'm browsing the web and want to open a link in a new card. Again, this is with no patches and the stock kernel.

Is this happening to anyone else with 2.2.4? Please let me know, thanks!
    Last edited by jayteeee; 12/28/2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: to note that the issue has been resolved
    I've never had a hold for menu in 1.x or 2.x. Pretty sure its always opt-tap
    I think the patches were responsible for that. I mean the hold for more options. Instead of uninstalling, try to install the patch making this possible. Probably something like multimod for browser or something..

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I've never had a hold for menu in 1.x or 2.x. Pretty sure its always opt-tap
    Quote Originally Posted by djind View Post
    I think the patches were responsible for that. I mean the hold for more options. Instead of uninstalling, try to install the patch making this possible. Probably something like multimod for browser or something..
    I think you are both exactly right. I don't have my 2.3.3 patch list with me at the moment, but I see in the 2.2.3 patch list there is a "Hold Tap Context Menu" patch which does exactly that. I must have been using it! It hasn't been updated for 2.2.4 yet. It is a very useful patch! I thought the functionality must have been native because it's so obvious!

I hope nightburn & n1ce update that patch soon!

(edit: I just installed the 2.2.3 approved version and it seems to work perfectly!)

Other patches I'm hoping are updated soon are:

Increase Minimum Font Size 16 (nightburn)
    Disk Cache Mod (rmausser)
    Disable Compache and enable linux Swap (rmausser)
    System Control Optimization (rmausser)
    Character Counter (malpha, HattCzech & johncc)
    Add Scrollbars to Browser (Garrett92c) (I want to see if this patch is faster than the patch by the same name by isagar2004)

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by jayteeee; 12/28/2011 at 09:41 AM.