1.    #1  
    following 2.2.4 doctor following boot loop misery native browser doesn't have "add bookmark" in pulldown anymore ...what to do?
    Doctor it properly.
    No webOS device spontaneously messes up like this on its own.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Doctor it properly.
    No webOS device spontaneously messes up like this on its own.
    better to say, this does not help me...
    Last edited by patapoof; 12/27/2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: stupid comment I made corrected and made acceptable
  4.    #4  
    is there a way to restore the browser's ability to set new bookmarks which appears to be absent from the pulldown since 2.2.4 ...regular ota gave boot loop so I put on an official doctor from HP/Palm via serial number ...what can I do now?
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    is there a way to restore the browser's ability to set new bookmarks which appears to be absent from the pulldown since 2.2.4 ...regular ota gave boot loop so I put on an official doctor from HP/Palm via serial number ...what can I do now?
    Screen shot please.. And list of installed patches..

GuyFromNam is telling you to redo the doctor..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Screen shot please.. And list of installed patches..

GuyFromNam is telling you to redo the doctor..

in the interim, I took off the "fix browser bookmarks missing" patch and rebooted and found bookmarks list not shown so I reinstalled it ...now "add bookmarks" is shown in a "page" submenu...

I do not know how to display a patch list suitable for inclusion here...
    in the interim, I took off the "fix browser bookmarks missing" patch and rebooted and found bookmarks list not shown so I reinstalled it ...now "add bookmarks" is shown in a "page" submenu...

I do not know how to display a patch list suitable for inclusion here...
    Just type them out.. But it seems as you have fixed the issue.. :/

8.    #8  
    Just type them out.. But it seems as you have fixed the issue.. :/

actually, add bookmarks in pull down was formerly a first level item and now is burried in a second level under page with other choices ...is that a 2.2.4 thing or what?
    actually, add bookmarks in pull down was formerly a first level item and now is burried in a second level under page with other choices ...is that a 2.2.4 thing or what?
    Not on mine.. But I have a EU pre 3.. I believe 2.20 was like that.. Are you sure you doctored to 2.2.4?

Look at device info

10.    #10  
    Not on mine.. But I have a EU pre 3.. I believe 2.20 was like that.. Are you sure you doctored to 2.2.4?

Look at device info

HP assigns the doctor via serial number on their website ...that's where I got it...

maybe I need to doctor down to 2.2.3 and then let it ota update with nothing on it ...
    Last edited by patapoof; 12/27/2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: mor
    HP assigns the doctor via serial number on their website ...that's where I got it...

maybe I need to doctor down to 2.2.3 and then let it ota update with nothing on it ...
    Just download it from here http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    Make sure you use the correct pre 3 2.2.4 (eg if you have a Att pre 3 or eu pre 3)

12.    #12  
    like I mentioned, I got it from the official HP/Palm website specific to my device which is an unlocked ATT branded device...
    Look if you don't want to take the advice , you don't have to.

I understood where you got the doctor and how.

I'm telling you to download it from the link provided. This will insure that palm is not giving you an older Dr.

But again you don't have to listen ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  14.    #14  
    Look if you don't want to take the advice , you don't have to.

I understood where you got the doctor and how.

I'm telling you to download it from the link provided. This will insure that palm is not giving you an older Dr.

But again you don't have to listen ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I spent some considerable effort to think through this problem and discovered the "sharing" patch was responsible for this and its removal resolved the issue returning the bookmark tap to first tier in the menu.