Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Dropped my newish Pre 3 on it's screen - sadness.

Parts anybody?

Phone seems to work, screen is done for.

Let me know.
    it might help members if you indicate a price. I'll give you $20 for the battery, shipped. 25 if you include the back cover so another member can use the guts to modify a newly shipped mugen battery. 30 shipped for the whole thing.
    Is it an ATT pre 3? If it is I'm interested.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Subscribed, but I would have posted an ebay link. getting the popcorn out for this one.
    I am interested with the batt & back door
    <email removed by staff>
    let me know how much is ur price, included shipping fee to my country, indonesia..thanks
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/30/2012 at 11:05 AM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it might help members if you indicate a price. I'll give you $20 for the battery, shipped. 25 if you include the back cover so another member can use the guts to modify a newly shipped mugen battery. 30 shipped for the whole thing.
    Of course - sorry but I have no idea what a cracked screen Pre 3 is worth - I'll look around and get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Is it an ATT pre 3? If it is I'm interested.
    ATT, unlocked (of course) Pre 3 - probably less then one month of use.

Quote Originally Posted by clouds_9 View Post
    I am interested with the batt & back door
    <email removed by staff>
    let me know how much is ur price, included shipping fee to my country, indonesia..thanks
    This might sound snotty but I don't have it in me to ship electronic parts out of the country (I'm in Los Angeles) - the amount of paper work to ship stuff out of the country is just crazy these paranoid days - sorry.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/30/2012 at 11:05 AM.
    How much you looking to get for it .. Pm me if/when you settle on a price .

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Sorry to hear for your loss!
    PF Gram... I just sent you a PM
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    My $0.02 as someone that's bought/sold rare video game systems, parts, and prototypes on and off on the side for about 20 years. Same things can be applied here.

Since HP won't even provide parts, broken Pre 3s will end up being a pretty penny in the aftermarket, especially if you sell its parts individually and on-demand. It's one of the few phones whose individual parts sold separately can easily fetch more than the unit sold whole because it's so freakin' rare to find parts for. The only alternative for parts buyers is to buy a brand new unit for ~$300 on eBay (based on the prices I'm seeing right now).

Here's just how rare: eBay doesn't seem to have any broken Pre 3s for sale, and a quick Google search shows zero parts available whether from a broken Pre 3 or individual parts, so pricing is going to be pretty difficult and you'll just have to take rarity into account instead.

Batteries: Here's the going price, new (between $50-$60 USD): pre 3 battery | eBay With only one month of use, I imagine your battery would definitely be worth at the very least 4/5ths of the price of a new one because 1) the wear and tear would be minimal over the span of a single month and 2) many people prefer to buy the battery made by the original manufacturer (HP) and may not be interested in buying a Mugen (which are sold out right now).

Bottom Line: Your broken Pre 3 parted out is worth quite a bit more than selling it whole because individual parts for the Pre 3 simply don't exist on the market for it except for an occasional OEM battery or two--and even those are rare and expensive unless you opt for a Mugen. You'll almost surely make more of your Pre 3 investment back selling parts individually over time as demand strikes.

One could make a niche high-margin micro-business out of selling Pre 3 parts taken from new/used/broken units, since even HP isn't gonna do it and nobody's apparently stepped in to do it themselves yet. Something to consider.

Hope this helps!
    Thank you so much - I've already received part-out requests - comm board, bat tray and of course the bat itself ($125, $60 and $50 respectively).

I guess I'll go that route.

Thanks again!

Patrick
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    Any update? Really interested to hear what kind of money your parted-out broken unit fetches!

Just don't sell yourself short!
    Sorry for the delay - life was calling and I made the mistake of picking up the line...

See my reply above..

Thanks!
    I might have to go the route of selling mine too since I can't find a repair service to fix my SIM slot. I love this phone.

What are the chances that someone would be able to repair my SIM slot? Or is it I need to face reality and accept it's not going to happen and have to give up the hope of turning my Pre 3 PDA back into a phone and sell it? Sorry for sounding so dramatic, lol.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Just dropped my Verizon Pre 3 and the glass cover looks like a spider web. But it works perfectly. Can anyone suggest what i can do? Bummer
    I would love to get the back cover... for some reason the Pre3 i bought on ebay wont work on my touchstone.

PM's sent!
    I am still hoping to salvage my Pre 3 Verizon. I need a front. is that impossible??
    I've a couple of ideas, but I don't know if any of these would work:

option 1 I can think of : assuming that the glass itself has the same thickness in different phones, it could work finding a larger screen that is sold commonly online and find a glass company to shape and cut accordingly.

option 2 , I wonder if the glass screen, once removed, could be somehow fixed by a company fixing car glasses...
    Quote Originally Posted by suzepi View Post
    I am still hoping to salvage my Pre 3 Verizon. I need a front. is that impossible??
    Yes. Unless you buy a used pre3

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    I've a couple of ideas, but I don't know if any of these would work:

option 1 I can think of : assuming that the glass itself has the same thickness in different phones, it could work finding a larger screen that is sold commonly online and find a glass company to shape and cut accordingly.

option 2 , I wonder if the glass screen, once removed, could be somehow fixed by a company fixing car glasses...
    The glass can't be replaced.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    PF Gram .. I sent you a PM
    Last edited by getsun; 02/07/2012 at 10:56 AM.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I would love to get the back cover... for some reason the Pre3 i bought on ebay wont work on my touchstone.

PM's sent!
    Bulls 96,
    Did you fix your Pre 3 charging issue? I had the same problem at first but removed and replaced the back cover a couple times and it started working again. I seem to have to do this every so often.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast