Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    Okay, I got rid of the "sky blue spinning circle" screen and am on the "HP webOS account" log-in screen. What should I do next?

NOTE: My Pre 3 is not currently on an active line.
    this thread should help Java -jar devicetool.jar
    @CHIP72 - you don't need the Pre 3 to be active with phone service for the Doctor to work.

The two are not related in any way.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I'm a soaking wet newbie, but I did get my verizon Pre3 working:

1. On my iMac desktop, I made sure that I had the correct version of Java and I ran Novacom.
    2. I downloaded the version of Doctor for WebOS 2.2.4 for Verizon.
    3. I put my Pre3 in USB mode- Pressing Power and Volume at the same time (?) I think.
    4. I used the mini-USB cable from the charger to connect the Pre3 directly to my desktop. Instructions said no hub.
    5. I ran Doctor and the screen came up with a timer, took about 15 min. Done.

I didn't set-up, b/c I called PagePlus for a prepaid plan, instead, providing my MEID for them (from the box), then they gave me my new phone number, told me how to make an emergency phone call, delete 911, then enter a # and some number that I didn't record. We had to repeat a couple of times, then everything worked. Then, I ran setup, and it connected me to the Verizon network ... which is what Pageplus uses. And, I can make phone calls.

I have a Palm Account for my HP Touchpad. I logged into it with my Pre3, and my apps downloaded.I logged into Facebook to download contacts, then unsync'd from facebook, b/c I don't want a live connection.

Next I'll load Preware.

I can't really elaborate much ... I was lucky that it worked for me... I followed cookbook style. HTH.
    Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts
    I was able to install webOS Doctor 2.2.4 and get my HP Pre 3 on VZW up and running. It's on my second line right now. Woo hoo!

One small negative I discovered when I added the Pre 3 to a line is that you can only have one webOS smartphone associated with a Palm profile at any one time. That sucks (because I intend to keep my Palm Pre 2), but it's not too big of a deal.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    I was able to install webOS Doctor 2.2.4 and get my HP Pre 3 on VZW up and running. It's on my second line right now. Woo hoo!

One small negative I discovered when I added the Pre 3 to a line is that you can only have one webOS smartphone associated with a Palm profile at any one time. That sucks (because I intend to keep my Palm Pre 2), but it's not too big of a deal.
    Glad you're up and running with your Pre 3...

TouchPad can share a profile with other TouchPads or a phone... Phones can't share. I think if HP hadn't killed off webOS they would have moved to a one profile per user model as it just makes more sense.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    did you mention what OS and version your computer is running?
    Yes. Yes I have. It's a few posts before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    If an error is displayed, the prompt will stay open and you can post it message here.
    Thing is, the prompt didn't stay open and closed immediately. It took me around 30 minutes to be able to screen capture the error message so I can read it, which is very hard considering I only have half a second to see it. Well, the error message just says:

Error: Could not find or load main class *path to the file*\webosdoctorp224mantaatt.jat

Help

Please and Thank You!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you open the prompt first and type in the command there, it should not close when the java process ends, and leave any messages on the screen.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12