Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Well it seems from my own exp and the forum the latest update caused major drama, It seems readin the forums a lot of people had phones with patches, not sure on that 100%. But I have never seen an update cause so much drama, it took me 4 hours to get everything back and my pre with tethering is the ony internet access I have at the moment so it was was an effort, thank god I have a speare pre 3 so I opened the box and away I went seeking solutions. I think its the small price you pay for having a phone that can apply patches etc. It might make it a little tricky when updates come. But I will say one thing the phone reboots mega fast now. I a in australia with a unlocked att pre. with a USA profile , so I have no idea how I get the update , I think its a profile thing.

I was wondering does anyone know if there are people still working at hp on webos , did they sack them all and is this the last update, or dont we know ?
    I don't agree. The drama is certainly not major, I'm not sure if this is a drama at all. Sure, there are problems with updates for some people, like on every other platform, too. Remember when one of the first WP7 updates bricked all the Samsung (I think) WP7 phones? Or the iOS 4 update rendering the 3GS almost unusable? That's drama.
    So far there are a handful of people who got stuck in a reboot loop (easily fixable) and some people (myself included) who report WiFi problems on 2.2.4.
    On the other hand, there are much, much more people who had their Pres updated without problems, you have to keep in mind, that generally only people with problems are the most vocal in update times on the forums, because they seek assistance.
    Regarding HP, they only fired the hardware people, the software people are still on board, I believe I read something about 600 people, is that correct? Furthermore, there is currently even an HP employee active here to assist users not getting the OTA update.

Do I sound like a webOS apologist?

Happy Holidays everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    I don't agree. The drama is certainly not major, I'm not sure if this is a drama at all. Sure, there are problems with updates for some people, like on every other platform, too. Remember when one of the first WP7 updates bricked all the Samsung (I think) WP7 phones? Or the iOS 4 update rendering the 3GS almost unusable? That's drama.
    So far there are a handful of people who got stuck in a reboot loop (easily fixable) and some people (myself included) who report WiFi problems on 2.2.4.
    On the other hand, there are much, much more people who had their Pres updated without problems, you have to keep in mind, that generally only people with problems are the most vocal in update times on the forums, because they seek assistance.
    Regarding HP, they only fired the hardware people, the software people are still on board, I believe I read something about 600 people, is that correct? Furthermore, there is currently even an HP employee active here to assist users not getting the OTA update.

Happy Holidays everyone!

I am one of those in need of help! I had a few patches and the virtual keyboard on my Pre3 and just tried to update but the same is happening to me, the hp logo won't go away and let the phone boot all the way, tried the reboot (power/muteX3) . . is there any way to IM you for help?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post

Happy Holidays everyone!
    Oh dont get me wrong, I agree with you it may have just seemed a lot more drama than usual, well perhaps as I was one I may have felt it must be everyone. LOL. I am glad that HP still has WEBOS people working, true unsung heroes , Im no geek but my phone is no longer a phone but total communication device and WEBOS is a pure joy. I also note the PRE 3 price is going up on ebay. Never have I heard a phone thats been cancelled going up in price. Go figure HP executives !!!!! as we say here in Australia "They couldn't run a fire with a box of matches"