1.    #1  
    So I got into car, attempt to play podcast, Dr. Podder loads but doesn't start playing. Tried the normal fixes, nothing, tried a different podcast same thing. Used internalz to load to media player, media player shows file path and spins, once again nothing.

Anyone else seen this or something similar? I deleted and reinstalled dr podder, redownloaded a podcast, restarted phone.... running out of ideas.

Thoughts?

Ohh I am on 2.2.4, don't believe it to be related to OS or patches directly. Been on 2.2.4 for 2 days, listen to podcasts every day on my commute. No new patches since yesterday and everything worked fine on my drive home yesterday and my drive into work today. Paused like normal with BT deck, then turned off car, closed Dr Podder as I walked into work...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  2.    #2  
    wow I can't even stream right now... I am getting system and game sounds... guess I will be dring tonight.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Pre3 not playing music anymore sounds like we face the same problem Dring did not solve it for me, are you able to take pictures with your device?
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    this kinda sounds like the prob i had but i had it with photos showing up ... what I did was remove the photo folder from the phone did a restart then I put the photo folder back... could also be done with internal and just masking the folder then restarting .... hope this bit of advice turns into an answer.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDeWitt View Post
    Pre3 not playing music anymore sounds like we face the same problem Dring did not solve it for me, are you able to take pictures with your device?
    See I am still getting SMS notification, getting alarm notifications (calendar)... you seem to have a deeper issue, had dinner tonight after work, so I will not be DRing until tomorrow (spent enough time DRing the Pre2s last weekend, the wife will kill me if I do it tonight and I am tired).

When you doctored, did you do the full device wipe as well to make sure it isn't something on your USB partition?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    See I am still getting SMS notification, getting alarm notifications (calendar)...
    I too do get these sounds, game sounds, etc. I did not wipe the usb partition, just running the latest doctor. Will try a complete delete - restore scenario.
  7.    #7  
    Restoring from doctor now... beyond that done for the night... near 1 am here, will go further tomorrow if this doesn't work. Hoping to figure this out.
    As mentioned in my thread: Pre3 not playing music anymore the complete erase did the trick I'm so happy! Would be interesting to know what caused this problem.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks.... in the middle of DRing back to 2.2.3 before I saw your post... long night of drinking and early morning of NFL football. Once DR is done I will do a full erase, you might not see this before I do it, did you do a secure erase or just the normal erase? Guessing normal since you didn't mention secure, just want to be clear for future users.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    did you do a secure erase or just the normal erase?
    It was a secure erase, I thought if I have to erase anyway it wouldn't make any difference.
  11.    #11  
    Just starting a full erase, supposed to take less time, and if it doesn't work, we will know. Since this seems to be a rare problem thus far.