Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    You know that problem with the Pre 3 being too big thus not fitting well on the Touchstone? I didn't had that problem until I updated to 2.2.4 yesterday. It keeps endless charging battery on the Touchstone and dissapearing now.
    I do have a few patches and Uberkernel installed.

    Does anyone have a solution for me?
  2. #2  
    i find i get the bouncing charge messages and start/stopped charging unless i twist the pre3 slight to the right when sat on the old type touchstone, when i tilt it a little it sticks correctly and charges properly.

    not much of a fix tho.
  3.    #3  
    Also tried that, but that doesn't help
  4. #4  
    Do you have another TS to try it on? If this happens on multiple TS, something is wrong with your battery cover or the connectors.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #5  
    Nope. I don't have another TS (except for the Touchpad-one). But like I wrote: it happened after the update to 2.2.4 Could it be a bug or so? Seems awkward to me that the connector breaks from one to the other night.
  6. #6  
    Have you tried modifying your touchstone so your Pre 3 makes better contact with the touchstone?

    make your classic touchstone hold your pre 3 better

    100% improvement when I did this, works great for the car too.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Nope. I don't have another TS (except for the Touchpad-one). But like I wrote: it happened after the update to 2.2.4 Could it be a bug or so? Seems awkward to me that the connector breaks from one to the other night.
    Well of all the folks I know with Pre3s (MANY), this is the first report of this I have seen. So if it is the update, it is not a persistent bug throughout 2.2.4. I have my Pre3 on 2.2.4 has worked fine on 3 different touchstones. Wifes Pre2 has been on 2.2.4 since last friday, works fine on 2 different touchstones.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Have you tried modifying your touchstone so your Pre 3 makes better contact with the touchstone?

    make your classic touchstone hold your pre 3 better

    100% improvement when I did this, works great for the car too.
    Thanks, I'm gonna try that!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Well of all the folks I know with Pre3s (MANY), this is the first report of this I have seen. So if it is the update, it is not a persistent bug throughout 2.2.4. I have my Pre3 on 2.2.4 has worked fine on 3 different touchstones. Wifes Pre2 has been on 2.2.4 since last friday, works fine on 2 different touchstones.
    I don't think it is related to the update, as I have had similar situations under 2.2.0 already, where sometimes it would not charge. So I tend to believe this is a HW issue, not SW.

    Max
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  10.    #10  
    Thank you, but I don't wanna modify my Touchstone. Isn't there a clean solution?
  11. #11  
    I've noticed this on one particular touchstone after the update, but not on others. Try putting a very thin piece of paper between the phone and touchstone. That solution worked for a similar issue on the original Pre minus.

    in my case, if I fiddle with it long enough it stops oscillating that way.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks, gonna try that piece of paper.
  13. #13  
    Also you could try to put it on the touchstone in landscape. This usually has much less problems with charging.
    Vistaus likes this.
  14.    #14  
    Didn't work with a piece of paper nor landscape
  15. #15  
    I once had a similar issue with my old Pre on my very first Touchstone. It worked fine, but after a while I had the same issues like you (kept on connecting and disconnecting, sometimes didn't load at all, but sometimes loaded my phone just fine). After trying new batteries, the paper, other positions etc. I realised that my USB-Cable that connects the Touchstone to the power supply was faulty. After switching this everything worked fine.

    Maybe you could try to connect another cable.
    Vistaus likes this.
  16.    #16  
    Thanks, I will look into that!
  17. #17  
    Make sure your back cover on the phone is snapped in securely.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Well of all the folks I know with Pre3s (MANY), this is the first report of this I have seen. So if it is the update, it is not a persistent bug throughout 2.2.4. I have my Pre3 on 2.2.4 has worked fine on 3 different touchstones. Wifes Pre2 has been on 2.2.4 since last friday, works fine on 2 different touchstones.
    Guys,
    just want to info u that I also experienced this situation when on 2.2.3, it happened after I had massive battery drain issue (full charge than suddenly drop to low batt, battery capacity also decreased to 50% from 1216 mAh to 560 mAh).

    thanks to Miss Acosta, I upgraded OTA to 2.2.4 than charging problem with TS solved !!!
    I can charge again with my TS. based on what I've found, hardware problem? I don't think so...software problem? could be..

    I hope this info could help you guys with the charging issue
  19. Ziplock's Avatar
    Posts
    243 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #19  
    Nice!! I haven't used any of my 6 TS's cause of the drain issue, I'll give the TS another chance!
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by clouds_9 View Post
    Guys,
    just want to info u that I also experienced this situation when on 2.2.3, it happened after I had massive battery drain issue (full charge than suddenly drop to low batt, battery capacity also decreased to 50% from 1216 mAh to 560 mAh).

    thanks to Miss Acosta, I upgraded OTA to 2.2.4 than charging problem with TS solved !!!
    I can charge again with my TS. based on what I've found, hardware problem? I don't think so...software problem? could be..

    I hope this info could help you guys with the charging issue
    If your battery health is reduced to 50%, there is now way known to get it back. This is not a software problem since this value is stored into the battery chip.
    You need to get the battery replaced by HP. Run the battery test from device info, get the red color and report it to the support.
    More info here: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ry-health.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions