Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    If your battery health is reduced to 50%, there is now way known to get it back. This is not a software problem since this value is stored into the battery chip.
    You need to get the battery replaced by HP. Run the battery test from device info, get the red color and report it to the support.
    More info here: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ry-health.html
    Thanks Bro..
    the problem is, I lived outside US, in the country that HP doesn't support any sales of webOS devices
    so if I complaint to HP, is there any guarantee that they will deliver new Battery for free? including the shipment fee? cause for shipment fee only, the value is almost same with new battery's price

I already run the battery test from device info, as you all now, Red color appears
    Quote Originally Posted by clouds_9 View Post
    Thanks Bro..
    the problem is, I lived outside US, in the country that HP doesn't support any sales of webOS devices
    so if I complaint to HP, is there any guarantee that they will deliver new Battery for free? including the shipment fee? cause for shipment fee only, the value is almost same with new battery's price

I already run the battery test from device info, as you all now, Red color appears
    One last thing you can try: the connection between the body of the phone and the charging & comm coils on the rear cover is made with spring-loaded, gold-plated pins. I've had a few cases where some unknown "crud" interfered with the connection, and popping the phone open and gently cleaning the pins and the flat gold contacts on the rear cover helped. I used a Q-Tip + rubbing alcohol..

edc
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent Hewlett-Packard or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own warped point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP and Palm.
    Vistaus and capt4chris like this.
    I also have the same problem where my Pre 3 just stopped charging on the TouchStone. I have another TS and started using that and the charging problem went away. Now the new TS is not charging my Pre 3. I see that my battery is at 96%. I will try some of the suggestions from this thread and see if I can get the TS to work again.

Thanks for all the input
    The charging is done until 100% and then stops. Then the device is then running from battery until around 95%. Then it starts charging again.
    You can see that with Dr.Battery. The percentage displayed in systemmenu shows you different numbers, Usually it stays at 100% even though it's not.
    So where do you read 96%?
    Had this happen on my Veer the other day....wasn't sure if it was the battery or the Touchstone. Turns out a power cycle (off/on) fixed it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I have tried these things and still cannot get my Pre 3 to charge on the TS. Tried new TS, no charge. Tried new USB cable, no charge. Tried landscape, no charge. Tried the magnets (couple of sizes) on the TS face, no charge. Only thing I have not tried is the suggestion from chejlava to take off the back of the Pre 3 and clean. Not sure how to take off the back of the Pre 3. Don't want to break it, my son would get real mad at me (he was one of the engineers who worked on development of the Pre 3)
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by kgreen1343 View Post
    I have tried these things and still cannot get my Pre 3 to charge on the TS. Tried new TS, no charge. Tried new USB cable, no charge. Tried landscape, no charge. Tried the magnets (couple of sizes) on the TS face, no charge. Only thing I have not tried is the suggestion from chejlava to take off the back of the Pre 3 and clean. Not sure how to take off the back of the Pre 3. Don't want to break it, my son would get real mad at me (he was one of the engineers who worked on development of the Pre 3)
    On the back at the bottom there is a little hole the size of your nail. Just put your nail under that and lift the cover up that way.

I didn't try cheljava's trick either yet, but I will try it. Thanks cheljava!
    Just wanted to let you know that I did pull the back off (actually my son did ) and rubbed the coils and the phone is now charging on the TS. Thanks cheljava
  9.    #29  
    Still a bit troublesome, but I do think the cleaning of those pins helped a bit. Though it stil has the cycle-problem, unfortanetly
    I also suddenly have a backcover problem with my Pre2. Worked well for over a year on all of my 3 touchstones and suddenly began with the cycling charging/not charging sound and now doesn't charge anymore when laying on the touchstone and just charges when pressing the phone on the touchstone (which does not feel good).

I cleaned contacts put paper on the touchstone or in the cover (thought that would simulate the pressure), no charging.

Could there be thermal deformations that prevents the coil to be near enough to the touchstone?

I assembled my old Pre1 touchstone cover which has no touchstone charging problems with the same Pre2 (but it has cracks, so not for daily use).
    Thermal deformations? Quite possible, because the plastic film that lines the inside of a touchstone cover tends to lose its plasticiser over time...
    hhm guess i have to search for a cheap new backcover with delivery to germany
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    hhm guess i have to search for a cheap new backcover with delivery to germany
    If you find a source, let us all know,I am looking for a cheap back cover for my Pre3 also. The one I have looks pretty bad right now with use.

JP
    well not for Pre3, but for Pre1/2 i found a good source on ebay.de searching for :"Palm Pre Touchstone Backcover Rückabdeckung" ( think linking to other sites is not allowed) for under 10Eur incl. delivery sounds OK.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12