Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    It could help if we share our feelings - impressions after the update, to more or less guess or pinpoint what got changed.

Personally speaking :

European Pre3.

1) I feel the browser is showing a lot less the squares when zooming (I mean, seems quicker to redraw things to minimize that effect)
    2) Have the impression that the battery goes down more quickly
    3) Have the impression that Skype got polished a bit
    4) Have the impression that maybe the audio is slightly better (not sure... just a feeling)
    5) The device seems more snappier to touches, especially to exit from exibition mode
    6) I've the feeling that it's using a slightly lower amount of ram, but just a question of at most 10mb less overall... and I may be easily wrong.

I've not noticed any changes in menu or options available in general.

Not using headphones (only bt ones), so no idea if the bug there was corrected.
    WiFi reception is far, far worse after the update on my Verizon Pre 3--and others are reporting the same. Anyone else?
    doctored to 2.2.4 (uk pre 3) twice, wifi working perfectly and same with mobile hotspot, not noticing changes. OPs changes are too fine for me to notice, having been using irreguarly since updating to know battery change.
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    Ran the OTA on my Verizon Pre3. Wifi is actually working better (would periodically switch to 3G when Wifi was on before). The only other thing I noticed was it is auto-pairing with my touchpad more consistently. Everything else seems the same.

Maybe a LITTLE snappier with screen touch.
    can anybody tell me, if there is improvement in any of the following?
    1. Too many cards problem
    2. Phone app being jittery and sometimes outright non responsive?
    3. Orphan cards
    4. Time to launch the Maps app.
    5. Accelerometer responsiveness
    Killed Garrett's Black Glass Theme. *sniff*

Now I remember how fugly the stock launcher is in 2.x. Yuck.

Haven't had much time to check it out otherwise.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nrupesh View Post
    1. Too many cards problem
    3. Orphan cards
    4. Time to launch the Maps app.
    5. Accelerometer responsiveness
    4: around 7 seconds with gps and co off
    around 4 seconds with gps and co on

5: not noticed differences with the update. It was NOT snappy to rotate before, and it's definitely not more snappy to rotate now
    Impression that auto-focus in camera is working better. Previously, it would seem to try to auto-focus endlessly with the annoying buzzing sound. It seems less aggressive now. Also, feels like where I tap is where it will REALLY focus.
    Clock alarms are now set in 1 (not 5) minute intervals.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    browser and launcher have random bugs that seem to have gotten worse since update. Launcher stutters and goes to wrong page with swipes, browser repeatedly gets the bug where half the web page doesn't get loaded, and separate cards forget that they loaded and go blank
    Quote Originally Posted by nrupesh View Post
    If you're using UberKernel, stop using it and your "jitter" will go away.
    I think nobody has mentioned that the Calandar App seems to be far faster than it used to be. FR Pre3.
  13. g7
    I agree with the points in OP. It seems also to handle Mojo FPS Booster better than before (on 2.2.0 with that patch installed there was an huge battery drain).

Eugenio
    Last edited by g7; 12/23/2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: per-account logout/login was because of one of the advanced patches.
    Artichoke and ShiftyAxel like this.
    Good to hear that FPS Booster's working well for everyone, keep your eyes on the patches forum, I have another due out within a few hours that gets rid of the jittery drag scrolling.

And my impressions of 2.2.4, no issues so far except for slightly spotty wifi (but the wifi here's a bit hit and miss anyway, so it's not necessarily the update causing it.) The phone seems snappier overall and I've also noticed that it's handling my Mojo patches better.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    g7 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by g7 View Post
    The messaging app can now login/logout only specified accounts.
    Are you sure that this is because of the update and not because of some patch? I believe when I doctored to 2.2.4 and had no patches it was still on/off for all accounts. I think this functionality is in one of the Advanced patches. I'm not 100% sure though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Good to hear that FPS Booster's working well for everyone, keep your eyes on the patches forum, I have another due out within a few hours that gets rid of the jittery drag scrolling.
    glad to hear that, but wouldn' t it be nicer to throw out ONE patch and have it configured through tweaks?

there' s lots of patches around that deal with one or another feature of mojo, it' s quite hard to keep an eye on what´s needed and what´s double.
    Vistaus and mafia like this.
    Login to separate IM's is gone?
    I noticed memory management seems to be improved, at least this morning... had quite a few cards open not as much lag, and no TMC. Could just be a fluke though...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    4: around 7 seconds with gps and co off
    around 4 seconds with gps and co on

5: not noticed differences with the update. It was NOT snappy to rotate before, and it's definitely not more snappy to rotate now
    If you talk about a slow rotation...try a Galaxy Nexus...our Pre3 is really fast in re-orienting, if compared to that device.
    In fact, I cannot see a huge difference between Pre3 and an iPhone 4s.
  20. g7
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    Are you sure that this is because of the update and not because of some patch? I believe when I doctored to 2.2.4 and had no patches it was still on/off for all accounts. I think this functionality is in one of the Advanced patches. I'm not 100% sure though.
    Yeah, you're right. It's the advanced system prefs - messaging prefs.
    Strange that I didn't install it on 2.2.0 either.

Eugenio
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast