Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    My Pre3 and Pre2 are now better at switching between my wireless AP's. I have 2 AP's doing WDS at opposite ends of the house, same SSID. Previously, the phones would not switch to the stronger signal when moving to the other end. I always had to switch manually by toggling wifi off then on. After the update they switch to the stronger signal themselves.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    um. that setting isnt in my screen settings. i remember i had to download a app to get it to stop.
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    According to the Advanced System Prefs wiki this functionality should indeed be there. Did you install the framework?
    All other parts of the advanced patches are working so far. So yes, installed.
    Seems to me that the accelerometer is slightly laggy now. I had just installed Asphalt 5 before the update, and I was marveling at how instantly responsive the steering was. Now there's just a little lag. It's not so much I can't adjust (ie, not so horribly laggy as in 3.0.4), but it's there. It *might* have been there before, but I doubt it.

On the upside, the whole phone seems more responsive, but that might be a benefit of just being back on the stock kernel and having all the patches gone (had to run EPR to get out of luna reboot loop)- I don't think all these little changes we make always work so well together.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    What I like most about 2.2.4 (as opposed to 2.2.0 on a EU Pre 3) is that Skype audio is now stutter-free.
    This.

Has made the phone 10x more usable for me. Finally.
    MartinH@webos likes this.
  6.    #46  
    I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that before I could plug the phone, click on usb drive mode... transfer files from the pc, remove the unit from windows...

and at the end of all this, once removed, the phone went out of usb drive mode and back in charging mode.

This under 2.2.0

Now... it keeps in usb mode, and i've to unplug the cable...

Am I the only one experiencing this ?
    I haven't really noticed any improvements, only worse battery life.. Now it only lasts a day or so, when with 2.2.0 it used to get 2+ days.
  8.    #48  
    well, in pure phone mode , it goes down a bit less than 1% an hour, in my case. Means over 3 days before needing to recharge

(pure phone = data over 2-3g off , 3g off , wifi off , slight bluetooth usage)
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    since the update everything feels the same to me. Only problem is my text assist. It no longer "assists" me... it marks the words that are misspelled, but it does nothing when I click on them
    Hi all,

I confirm too that battery life is a lot worse now on my Pre 3 German version and I do not notice any noticeable improvements.

Before with 3G turned on, 3 email accounts and moderate use I was almost hitting 24 hours without recharge... now it's about 16.

After the update I was still using the default kernel and it was a pain (no more than 12 hours of battery life) but after switching to UeberKernel things "improved" to 16 hours.

Is there a way to perform a rollback to the previous version?
    I've noticed that while all my other Pre's batteries performed better with wifi being enabled all the time, the Pre3 battery performs better leaving wifi off while the phone is idle.
    Newness Developments apps:

12.    #52  
    I see enough people complaining of higher battery drain, with 2.2.4 ... and in my case didn't instead happen.

I think I've guessed the difference... aka where the issue lies.

I have the 3g off, while I think all the ones reporting lower times have it on. Maybe 3G radio is more aggressive now (using more power), and as a result...

Worth to do some tests ?
    So I spent a little time after opening presents, (darn, no Pre3) and installed 2.2.4 on my Verizon Pre 2. This morning, I am re-installing 2.1.

It was working okay with 2.2.4, but it was working great with 2.1 and all the patches and overclock kernel. I might have been able to live without a lot of the patches and even overclocking. However, the biggest thing for me was the Browser sites seemed to look different, Yahoo for example, and the fonts were smaller. I use mostly mobile sites and normally could see them in vertical mode. However, even though my eyes are pretty good, the fonts were definitely smaller and I needed to use landscape to see things well. I also thought things were a little bit slower than 2.1, but maybe because I was used to overclocking.

I will wait a bit before trying 2.2.4 again and see if there is some more progress on it.
    I feel the phone load songs and videos quickly after coppying to my phone! 'not respond' is not appear frequently! quickly (maybe)
    So you're saying the music/photos/videos apps become responsive sooner after loading on new media?
    Can't find lots of patches that were there before, some of them are there but are not compatible and/or won't install, wifi sucks compared to previous version.

If someone knows how NOT to receive these completely useless updates next time pls send me a PM or share.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by iulian View Post
    Is there a way to perform a rollback to the previous version?
    You can doctor it to 2.2.0 after downloading the 2.2.0 version
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    I've noticed that while all my other Pre's batteries performed better with wifi being enabled all the time, the Pre3 battery performs better leaving wifi off while the phone is idle.
    not sure on Pre3.... Been beating it up charging wise pretty bad, but noticed the same on our Veers, not so much on Pre and Pre2
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Can't find lots of patches that were there before, some of them are there but are not compatible and/or won't install, wifi sucks compared to previous version.

If someone knows how NOT to receive these completely useless updates next time pls send me a PM or share.
    Pull your head out the sand: Search or Google.
    And take note that the updates are far from useless. Base improvements that affect overall performance, and now your Pre supports Data At Rest Encryption, which brings it up to enterprise standards of security.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast