Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    updated to 2.2.4 and the one thing I seem to notice is a significant increase in battery drain when not in use. I use to leave my phone on my night stand all not off of the charger and it would drop maybe 9% at the absolute most, usually less. Now it seems like its closer to 20% maybe even more. Anyone else noticing much worse battery life? I am using warthogs kernel and several patches so it is possible these play a role but it seems unlikely as I was using these before as well.
  2. g7
    Yeah, I noticed too a bit more of battery drain (but not overnight, during normal use).
    But this may be related to the battery health which is now at 98%.
    I'm also using warthog and a lot of patches.

Which governor are you using? I'm using screenstate and together with the airplane mode activated, in the morning my battery it's still at 100%.

Eugenio
    1st Impression is VZW blows as still no update
    Global Posts
    846 Global Posts
    Finally a date and time stamp in Messaging! It took them 3 years but better being late than never showing up at all
    fredewins likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by juergen View Post
    Login to separate IM's is gone?
    No, I can still log in separately to skype and gtalk.
    First day it killed the battery, I was at 5% by the time I got home. Following days, though, battery has been good. I think maybe the download and install must have used some juice.
    What I like most about 2.2.4 (as opposed to 2.2.0 on a EU Pre 3) is that Skype audio is now stutter-free.
    akanak and MartinH@webos like this.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmband64 View Post
    updated to 2.2.4 and the one thing I seem to notice is a significant increase in battery drain when not in use. I use to leave my phone on my night stand all not off of the charger and it would drop maybe 9% at the absolute most, usually less. Now it seems like its closer to 20% maybe even more. Anyone else noticing much worse battery life? I am using warthogs kernel and several patches so it is possible these play a role but it seems unlikely as I was using these before as well.
    it was on the touchstone up to 3am this morning...
    Now is 10:10pm , bluetooth has been on for a couple of hours, and got one call during that time ... guess 5 minutes.
    Rest of the time, on standy.

battery now is 84% (after 17 hours... so on average it even used less than 1% a hour).

Stock kernel...
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g7 View Post
    Yeah, I noticed too a bit more of battery drain (but not overnight, during normal use).
    But this may be related to the battery health which is now at 98%.
    I'm also using warthog and a lot of patches.

Which governor are you using? I'm using screenstate and together with the airplane mode activated, in the morning my battery it's still at 100%.

Eugenio
    I'm currently using ondemandtcl at 1.8ghz. That's how mine was before even without airplane mode. I guess I'll try out some different governors and see how it plays a role. Thanks for your feedback as well.
  10. g7
    By "screenstate" I mean ondemandtcl + the "Screenstate enable" switch turned on (screenstate-ng).
    I run it at 1.7 GHz, undervolted.

Eugenio
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    Well, how? The messages app has only one menu here. EU Pre 3. Advanced sys prefs patches for messaging installed.
    Using Skype for domestic calls now on Verizon Pre 2 through WiFi and not using VZW minutes is great here! Together w/GV for texting (through Skype #) using GV kinda makes the whole BT pairing beside the point for me. A call or txt to my Skype # rings/notifies me on my both my TP and Phone w/o relying on BT pairing. Really sweet!
    THEY TOOK THE ANIMATION OUT OF THE PHONE APPLICATION *GASPS*

I cannot WAIT for open source so I can give these apps a much needed design OVERHAUL girl *snaps fingers*
    akanak likes this.
    I can't login separately for Skype and IM (like in the touchpad): how do I do that? I'm on German unlocked pre3, 2.2.4.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by g7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter
    Are you sure that this is because of the update and not because of some patch? I believe when I doctored to 2.2.4 and had no patches it was still on/off for all accounts. I think this functionality is in one of the Advanced patches. I'm not 100% sure though.
    Yeah, you're right. It's the advanced system prefs - messaging prefs.
    Strange that I didn't install it on 2.2.0 either.

Eugenio
    Quote Originally Posted by sirga78 View Post
    I can't login separately for Skype and IM (like in the touchpad): how do I do that? I'm on German unlocked pre3, 2.2.4.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I think that's how!
    Happy holidays
    I have advanced system prefs - messaging prefs installed but no separate login.
    Quote Originally Posted by juergen View Post
    I have advanced system prefs - messaging prefs installed but no separate login.
    According to the Advanced System Prefs wiki this functionality should indeed be there. Did you install the framework?
    The corrector doesn't work anymore! So crappy! Some menu are so slow now!
    I have to install all my kernels and stuff again, uberkernel dosent really ... i basically uninstalled all the preware apps, and installed again, except uberkernel.. and yes, the battery seems to be going down..

Oh and my theme, is gone also.

whats the app that controls the screen flicker/brightness change? **** is annoying...
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
    Screen settings - make sure auto-dim is turned off.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast