webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > WiFi on Pre 3 after 2.2.4 update?
WiFi on Pre 3 after 2.2.4 update?
Like Tree9Likes

Old 09/27/2012, 06:50 AM   #141 (permalink)

So far it seems the TCP Window setting has helped. Though this is only preliminary on my end, as I haven't been around my phone consistently long enough to confirm absolutely. Will confirm once I spend enough time around my phone. I think a combo of this and disabling the powersave feature will give us reliable and strong wifi. Anyone have any luck disabling powersave for good, without using a new watchdog script?
bassman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/27/2012, 02:00 PM   #142 (permalink)

I finally got the System Optimization Patch installed which produced the sysctl.conf file. I moved the setting from /etc/pmnetconfig/netsysctrl.conf to /etc/sysctl.conf but I haven't had time to really check it yet.
kayphoonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/2012, 09:24 AM   #143 (permalink)

Final report: TCP_Window_Size has actually crippled my WiFi even more so. Now, after using WiFi for a good bit (browsing Facebook), now reception will drop to 1 bar and be unusable. So far Powersave, when off, has been the best solution, but it is a shame that we can't find exactly where/be able to edit the responsible files which overwrite our settings.
bassman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: checkmate
Old 10/07/2012, 04:57 PM   #144 (permalink)

I've just been reading about some issues Touchpad users have been having with WiFi and one of the solutions was to set your router to channels 2-4 only. I've tried that with my Pre3 and sure enough, the connection seems far more stable. Anyone else want to experiment & report your results?
checkmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2012, 06:26 PM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
I've just been reading about some issues Touchpad users have been having with WiFi and one of the solutions was to set your router to channels 2-4 only. I've tried that with my Pre3 and sure enough, the connection seems far more stable. Anyone else want to experiment & report your results?
all the wifi is set to automatic channels require more detailed settings than those I am able to figure out...
patapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/2012, 04:28 AM   #146 (permalink)

Here's an interesting observation - if you are trying to view a webpage with the browser over WiFi and all you get is *spinny symbol....wait....wait....spinny symbol*, then open another card with the browser and open a different webpage. 9 times out of ten that page will open fine and 'kick-start' the original page to load. It seems to be far more effective than just tapping 'Stop' and then 'Refresh' on the original page. Wonder why though?
Old 12/16/2012, 11:36 AM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
Here's an interesting observation - if you are trying to view a webpage with the browser over WiFi and all you get is *spinny symbol....wait....wait....spinny symbol*, then open another card with the browser and open a different webpage. 9 times out of ten that page will open fine and 'kick-start' the original page to load. It seems to be far more effective than just tapping 'Stop' and then 'Refresh' on the original page. Wonder why though?
I too have wondered about this... could it be the opening of a new page triggers a new wifi connection search like minimizing and re-selecting the wifi properties card itself does? I have the wifi put back to prior version by guyfromnam and also I have the cyclewifi in device menu which is my most used mod of all (sadly). The need for this at home has diminished since I got a wifi booster (Zyxel Wireless N300 Range Extender WRE2205) which puts my wifi up to full strength most of the time where I lurk until it seems to for no reason "forget" and need the cycle...
Old 01/29/2013, 12:40 PM   #148 (permalink)

It seems I've messed up my config quite a bit by trying to manually reverse a patch. Could anyone post their current /etc/PmWiFiDhclient.conf (either 2.2.4 or 2.2.3)? Thanks!
lores0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2013, 01:49 PM   #149 (permalink)

Hello,

I've attached the file, is from a 2.2.4 , european
Attached Files
File Type: txt PmWiFiDhclient.txt (1.1 KB, 12 views) Email Attachment
mazzinia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2013, 01:56 PM   #150 (permalink)

Thanks a lot for your quick help!
lores0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2013, 07:26 PM   #151 (permalink)

patch to put back wifi from 2.2.3 doctor helps a little ...thanks guyfromnam

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0