Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    dear all,
    just join this great community, and a newbie too
    I would like to ask about the OTA for webOS 2.2.4, it seems that the OTA is not available on my Pre3, already checked to system updated but it said "your phone is up to date"

anyone also experience this issue?

Please advise..
    Welcome on board

Could be that it just takes a little longer for the OTA update to arrive for your country / carrier.

Instead of the OTA update you could update it yourself with the webOS doctor.
    Download the correct version here. and just follow the on-screen instructions.
    same here, mate. Unlocked Pre 3, UK.
    I will try updating with the Doctor.
    Thanks for the link by the way.
    If Im using a ATT pre 3 in the UK on o2 who am I waiting for to get the update?
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    still no update for me
    pre 3 / webos 2.2.0 3165 / germany / telekom
    any other people having this built 3165 and got no update?
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    The update is not available for noobs, FYI.

Just kidding, did you go into your device info to see if it may have done a silent update? I have seen some posts where their phones updated themselves.
  7. vao
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    still no update for me
    I have germany qwertz pre 3, in device info shows webos 2.2.0 and firmware MU2.0.30(3500) still no OTA update.
    Quote Originally Posted by vao View Post
    I have germany qwertz pre 3, in device info shows webos 2.2.0 and firmware MU2.0.30(3500) still no OTA update.
    same here
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    so i'm not the only one
    No update for me either - Pre 3 UK unlocked QWERTY.
    I cannot currently connect to WebOS Quick Install.

Will WebOS Doctor delete APPS etc?
    U.S. Att Pre3 here.

No update.
    Quote Originally Posted by jghall00 View Post
    U.S. Att Pre3 here.

No update.
    Same, using in Australia
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    still no update for me
    The same here, I'm also using Deutsche Telekom.
    No update for unlocked german Pre3 2.2.0 build 3171 as well
    Do anyone know the reason?
    I got the update for Pre3 2.2.4 last night. Euro Pre3 (azerty, bought from expansys.fr and first activation / daily usage in Austria with Hutchison Austria ("3") SIM).

I made sure I followed simple steps and the update went through fine:

1. saw the update in "System Update"
    2. at this point I recommend you make sure your phone is plugged in. Update won't start if battery is less than 30%. (I learned it the hard way, having to search for my charger and waiting to charge further down in the process...)
    3. while the update downloaded, opened Preware and made sure I updated the saved package list.
    4. within Preware, uninstalled Uberkernel. Did not reboot yet.
    5. still in Preware, installed Emergency Patch Recover (this uninstalls all your patches).
    6. when the update had finished downloading, rebooted the Pre3
    7. went back into System Update and started the update
    8. Update took about 15-20 minutes, finally the phone rebooted again and got into the normal lock screen. Then just unlock and you will be greeted with a "Update Finished" message.
    9. The update will keep all your existing apps and data (including Homebrew and Preware) -- but you have to uninstall and reinstall all patches
    10. Finally, open Preware, go to the saved package list and reinstall all. You will get back most of the previous patches -- except maybe a few which have not been updated for 2.2.4 yet; but the longer you wait before you update the more seamless this will be ;-)

Cheers
    Max
    sagarkm likes this.
    I have a guy from webos tech support looking into why my unlocked AT&T Pre3 running on T-Mobile USA doesn't show the OTA update (it also never got the original 2.2.0 to 2.2.3 update either, I had to Doctor). Perhaps whatever is discovered will help the rest of you... I'll report back if anything happens.
    Nothing here to

AT&T 4G Pre 3 16 Gigs unlock bought on ebay activated with an unlock code given whan bought and with a sim card from BELL in Canada

But for me i got the update from 2.2.0 to 2.2.3 OTA

But this time, nothing, be patient, I think!

But when I see that after update, loop reboot occurs, I will remain to 2.2.3 for a litlle

Thank's

Alain
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    Unlocked AT&T Pre3, also bought on ebay, also activated with Bell SIM card. No update yet. Also have USA unlocked Pre2, on Bell, got update. Have noticed big battery drain - 3.5% per hour with no use, GPS and WiFi off. Before was less than 1% per hour with no use.
    I don't have the update available neither... Qwertz Pre3 still on 2.2.0
    If you're using an AT&T Pre3 with a non-AT&T SIM, you will not see the OTA update...we (HP/Palm) are working on this and I'll post here again once this has been resolved.

If you have a World Ready (EU) Pre3 and cannot see the update, please send me a PM.

Please include info as to whether your device is stock or patched.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast