Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    We have also identified an issue where users of World Ready Pre3's on Rogers Wireless Canada cannot see the update...this is being worked on and I'll post here when it has been resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    I got the update for Pre3 2.2.4 last night. Euro Pre3 (azerty, bought from expansys.fr and first activation / daily usage in Austria with Hutchison Austria ("3") SIM).

I made sure I followed simple steps and the update went through fine:

1. saw the update in "System Update"
    2. at this point I recommend you make sure your phone is plugged in. Update won't start if battery is less than 30%. (I learned it the hard way, having to search for my charger and waiting to charge further down in the process...)
    3. while the update downloaded, opened Preware and made sure I updated the saved package list.
    4. within Preware, uninstalled Uberkernel. Did not reboot yet.
    5. still in Preware, installed Emergency Patch Recover (this uninstalls all your patches).
    6. when the update had finished downloading, rebooted the Pre3
    7. went back into System Update and started the update
    8. Update took about 15-20 minutes, finally the phone rebooted again and got into the normal lock screen. Then just unlock and you will be greeted with a "Update Finished" message.
    9. The update will keep all your existing apps and data (including Homebrew and Preware) -- but you have to uninstall and reinstall all patches
    10. Finally, open Preware, go to the saved package list and reinstall all. You will get back most of the previous patches -- except maybe a few which have not been updated for 2.2.4 yet; but the longer you wait before you update the more seamless this will be ;-)

Cheers
    Max
    No update for me yesterday but there was today. Updated and have improved features in calendar and email (although this may be due to previous patches not installing earlier). Updated without issues, didn't uninstall anything first!
    Quote Originally Posted by MissAcosta View Post
    If you're using an AT&T Pre3 with a non-AT&T SIM, you will not see the OTA update...
    I don't think that is entirely correct. Friend of mine with an unlocked AT&T Pre3 received the OTA update with no problems while using an Airtel SIM in India. As a matter of fact, he was rather upset that the update did not inform him and that he was not give n an opportunity to accept, reject or simply postpone the OTA update. He would preferred to have uninstalled the 'Muffle Logging patch' before doing the OTA update. NOw he will end up having to doctor the Pre3.

PS: His update did take place over wifi, if that has any relevance.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    If you're using an AT&T Pre3 with a non-AT&T SIM, you will not see the OTA update...we (HP/Palm) are working on this and I'll post here again once this has been resolved.
    Thank you
    We have also identified an issue where users of World Ready Pre3's on Rogers Wireless Canada cannot see the update...this is being worked on and I'll post here when it has been resolved.
    This issue has been resolved for World Ready Pre3's for

Rogers Wireless
    Bell Mobility Canada
    T-Mobile USA
    T-Mobile Germany

If you have a World Ready Pre3 and still cannot see the update, please send me a PM with the serial number of your device and whether it has been patched/modified so that I can investigate further.
    This issue has been resolved for World Ready Pre3's for

Rogers Wireless
    Bell Mobility Canada
    T-Mobile USA
    T-Mobile Germany

If you have a World Ready Pre3 and still cannot see the update, please send me a PM with the serial number of your device and whether it has been patched/modified so that I can investigate further.
    Update...this is now resolved for:

Rogers Wireless
    Bell Mobility Canada
    T-Mobile USA
    T-Mobile Germany
    Orange UK
    Telstra Australia

If you're using an AT&T Pre3 with a non-AT&T SIM, you will not see the OTA update...we (HP/Palm) are working on this and I'll post here again once this has been resolved.

If you have a World Ready (EU) Pre3 and cannot see the update, please send me a PM.

Please include info as to whether your device is stock or patched.
    Modifications have also been made such that users using non-AT&T SIMs on AT&T Pre3's should now see the update to 2.2.4. As I mentioned before, if you still don't see the update, please send me a PM with the serial number of your device and whether it has been patched/modified so that I can investigate further.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    thanks to missacosta (whoever that is), i found the update, updated and all seems to be ok.
    MissAcosta - thanks for stepping and helping everyone!
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Any chances to get the update for german qwertz pre3 on eplus before christmas? No time to doctor (my wife would kill me).
    Merry christmas :-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  10. vao
    Update arrived for me.Thanks. Christmas time
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    thanks to missacosta (whoever that is), i found the update, updated and all seems to be ok.
    how dit you get it
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    read #21
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    read #21
    i dit it...3 hours ago...nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by and2 View Post
    i dit it...3 hours ago...nothing
    As I mentioned in post #28, send me a PM with your serial number so that I can investigate your specific case.
    As I mentioned in post #28, send me a PM with your serial number so that I can investigate your specific case.
    i already dit send a PM with my SN (W3PE17RB40AC) to you...
    edit: sorry, no, i dit not send a PM. it was a visitors message. but now...
    Thanks MissAcosta, now it's available, merry christmas if you have time for it ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by xanuk View Post
    Thanks MissAcosta, now it's available, merry christmas if you have time for it ;-)

the same from my place ;-)
    Mine showed the update just now too. If anyone wonders how webOS Support got 'on' to this, in the front-page article about the Pre3 OTA being available I made a comment about not being able to get the OTA using an AT&T Pre3 with a T-Mo USA SIM (same as the previous OTA to 2.2.3). Someone from webOS support noted it, and PM'd me for my webos profile info so they could check into it; they then fixed it within a couple days. In my reply mentioned also the issue with Skype not being available on many Pre3's, and they've apparently fixed that too (though I've not seen Skype yet myself..).

I'm not saying this for anyone to laud me, I did nothing (and presumably my comment on the matter was not the only one noticed). I just think it's great that webOS support is indeed paying attention to 'the community' and is able to get things done through non-traditional channels like this.

Big thanks and Merry Christmas to MissAcosta and Calvin (and HardBeatz too, whether you had anything to do with this particular issue or not)!
    Thank you for your time Miss Acosta. Updated my unlocked ATT Pre 3 on Movistar Peru. Working fine but still don´t have Skype.
    Merry Christmas
    available for at&t pre3 on Telstra (Australia).

thanks v much.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast