Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    anyone else use a body kit? The screen protector is nice - does not feel orange peel like or anything like zagg.

but I could not for the like of me get the body skin to fit, used hot air blower etc etc and its fit was terribad on the curved parts.

anyone here use the carbon fiber or wood skins for their pre3 ??

going to email them and see if I can get a replacement or maybe I'll just return it.
    I got them screen protector works like a charm unlike the touchpad one which made the screen less sensitive.

And I have the same problem with the carbon back, the bottom corners especially have creases i guess is how you would describe them. but all in all I am happy with it, it does the job I need, and Looks nice. Only other thing is it makes it very loose on the touchstone (though still charges)
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I have the carbon fiber body skin on my TouchPad and it is great. Used a hair dryer to get it on, but I haven't had any problems with it. I have not applied the carbon fiber skin to the Pre3 because I like the feel of the phone in its natural state.

Try again with the hair dryer taking time to really work the areas that are giving you trouble.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I tried to put my silver carbon on my Pre 3 this weekend finally (after scratching the back) I was so gentle with the back piece (off the phone body) and the hair dryer, tried really hard to coax it into place... then I got PO'd and ripped it off and threw it away!

I have all Skinomi screen protectors and i'm very happy with them, but just couldn't deal with the wrinkly edges on the body protector or the seams between the top/bottom parts for the front. plus once i got the silver on there it wasn't as sweet looking as i hoped, and the texture didn't improve my grip like I'd been wanting.

never occurred to me to return it... darn!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I had the same problems with 2 different carbon fiber backs for my Pre 3. They both seemed to be cut just slight too big and would bulge up around the corners. I complained the first time and they sent me a replacement but it was the exact same size so I got frustrated and threw it out. The clear skin on the front fit perfectly.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    aye, the edges on the back are wrinkly as you all have stated. I did email and they are sending me another, I have to say that's great customer service.

I did use a hair dryer and it eventually got to where it would not stick anymore.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    i just put on my screen protector (haven't tried the back yet). I noticed it actually didn't line up exactly right to start. seemed to small. It took a while to smooth/stretch it to fit but now it looks superb. I think the back requires a even more coaxing because of the cruve and the texture of the back. I'll report back tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    yeah, report back. I double checked their website and the pics of the pre3 are actual pics, not renders.

the black carbon fiber does look very nice and has a good texture, I really do hope my next one fits as nicely as it is pictured.

customer service did ask for pics of how it is not fitting right so they can look into changes of the product if needed- that again is good customer service, I am impressed with them as a company thus far.