Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Hi

I just updated OTA to 2.2.4 and, what might have stupid, i didn't remove any patches from Preware before doing so.

Now, none of the installed patches work. I can remove them all, but when i try to install them, or any other patch again, it gives me this error:

IPKG Log:
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -l --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...2.3-02_all.ipk 2>&1
    (This obviously being when trying to install the "Add scrollbars to the browser" patch)

I can still install apps from Preware, but no patches.

Anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

Hope somebody can help me out!

Thanks!
    No need to remove patches before update. But there is patch need to be removed such muffle system logging and themes before update.

Usually I use Emergency Patch Recovery if I have problem update the patches after update firmware. It can be found on Preware > Linux App.

Try to remove preware and install again. My preware still show patches after update to 2.2.4 and they can be installed without problem.
    There needs to be new versions of hte patches made for your new operating system release. There are a couple dozen already, with Jason saying he's just added 71 more to the list today (i don't think they've come up yet). Be patient.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Thank you for your answers!

I reinstalled Preware and everything works beautifully again

KUDOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    There needs to be new versions of hte patches made for your new operating system release. There are a couple dozen already, with Jason saying he's just added 71 more to the list today (i don't think they've come up yet). Be patient.
    this man speaks the truth, patches never work after a kernel update because all preware patches are made specifically for a kernel version, as youve updated it means ofc there are no patches for your new kernel until the patch devs recreate their work compatible for the new kernel.

also preware will only list stuff compatible for your current kernel version, so it doesnt have patches "missing" it just cant list what doesnt yet exist.

patience, they will all update eventually once the devs re-enter their updated work.
    Thanks for the tip The Bard.
    HP, i hate U !

^..^ -> www.thomykeat.book.fr