Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Something weird happened to Uberkernel, so I installed the Palm kernel and then reinstalled Uberkernel. I'm now running at a sweet 1.9Ghz.

I'm missing the patch to disable light sensitive dimming, but that's about it.

Battery life is normal. No problems to report otherwise.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    this is great. awesome. my battery was at 60% at 3 and now its at 45%, with 2 calls and about 15 texts.

and i did go back to the PALM kernel... I think its working better. i am going to wait till uberkernel is updated for 2.2.4..
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
    After updating to latest webos on my Pre3 and running ERP cause a few patches got stuck, I find I can't install advanced system prefs - framework and I can't even see a few other patches anymore, like character counter, SMS vibrate to 2 secs, send all contacts via email, turn dialpad tone off, fullscrren mode browser, disable lightbar... what an absolute pain this phone is

Anyone can at least advise on how to get back the system prefs framework??
    Last edited by crowning73; 12/26/2011 at 04:43 AM.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Did you have your patch-listing refreshed in preware?

(Besides, I really can`t see why it should be the phone´s fault if patching it is somewhat hard).

What I can tell is that from the patches you mentioned there are a few which are not marked as being compatible with webOS 2.2.4. You should be patient and wait until then.
    Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    (I really can`t see why it should be the phone´s fault if patching it is somewhat hard).
    My '99 Ericcson (and all subsequent mobiles) had the character counter in texts, my 2011 Pre3 doesn't have it, that's why I "blamed" the phone.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    ..... can at least advise on how to get back the system prefs framework??
    Try contacting Sconix, the dev that made it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    The 2.2.3 feed url is ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/2.2.3/
    You can add it in preware. Alternatively (if you don't need to install loads from the old feed) you can open that url in the phone's browser, copy the url of the patch you want and paste it into Preware's 'Install Package' dialog. That's the method I use in order to minimize incompatibility, but it's a matter of preference.
    don't forget to restart luna ...they work !!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    We need a thread to organise what patches do and don't work on 2.2.4. I've done some preliminary testing, and here are my results:

Working:
    HP webOS Carrier String
    Just Type Scrim Fix
    Mojo Flick Regulator
    Mojo FPS Booster
    Mojo Smooth Scrolling
    Mojo Speedy Switch
    Mojo Tap Responsiveness
    Add Tap Hold Context Menu (Browser)
    Muffle System Logging
    Quiet powered Messages
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    Sync Fix for Stable Upload
    Unthrottle Download Manager
    Advanced System Patches
    Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness
    I can't find this patch "Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness" please, post the link to download it (ipk file). many thank!
  9.    #89  
    Use the search button, there's a forum thread especially for the patch file. There's also the possibility of adding the 2.3.3 patch feeds and installing from there, browsing to ipkg.preware.org and downloading the ipk yourself or waiting patiently for Mau to update it.
    Quote Originally Posted by truongtuananhhau1 View Post
    I can't find this patch "Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness" please, post the link to download it (ipk file). many thank!
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/2.2.3/
    Advanced System Prefs - Framework

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    47 60382 47 28545 0 0 20868 0 0:00:02 0:00:01 0:00:01 24930
    100 60382 100 60382 0 0 37807 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 43946
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":5, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    9 60382 9 5505 0 0 8174 0 0:00:07 --:--:-- 0:00:07 12233
    100 60382 100 60382 0 0 44751 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 53672
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":6, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":6 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":6 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":6 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":6 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":6 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Set avatar in messaging left

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    100 12956 100 12956 0 0 14582 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 19512
    100 12956 100 12956 0 0 14560 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 19453
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-set-avatar-in-messaging-left-side
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":7, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":7 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-set-avatar-in-messaging-left-side.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-set-avatar-in-messaging-left-side from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-set-avatar-in-messaging-left-side.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

Timestamps clean

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    10 11386 10 1185 0 0 2633 0 0:00:04 --:--:-- 0:00:04 5220
    100 11386 100 11386 0 0 16908 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 25246
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-timestamps-clean
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":8, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":8 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":8 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":8 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":8 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":8 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-timestamps-clean.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-timestamps-clean from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-timestamps-clean.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  12.    #92  
    Looks like a bunch of failed IPKG logs to me.
    They do, don't they. It'd've been more useful if you knew how to unfail them of course.
  14.    #94  
    The only things we can infer from failed IPKG logs are that the patches failed and which files they failed on. Unfailing them is a matter of those files being in their stock state, or rather the bits of those files that are going to be patched should be in their stock state.
    Advanced System Prefs is installed and running fine on my Pre3, and the other ones look like they have 2.2.4 versions, so they should work. Did you disable the 2.2.3 patch feed before attempting to install?
    I haven't read anywhere about disabling 2.2.3 (how?), sure that's the issue? Cos I installed all the other advanced patches and they all work, it's just the ASP framework that won't work even if installed first after clean ERP.

EDIT: Sorry, I just realised sconix kindly sent me a PM about this issue, I'll just follow his inputs before cluttering up this thread again
    Last edited by crowning73; 12/30/2011 at 01:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bellonsn View Post
    After the upgrade I was happy to discover that everthing seemed to work fine nevertheless. However when I wanted to update the patches to the 2.2.4 variants I got HUNKS FAILED from patch. I then used Emergency Patch Removal in order to clean up all patches. This worked for every patch except for "Advanced System Prefs - Framework" which will not apply cleanly now but complains about one HUNK FAILED.
    Quote Originally Posted by bellonsn View Post
    Just to reply to my own message ... it looks like Preware on the Pre 3 itself is not able to install the patch with the one failed hunk while from the WebOSQuickInstall the same hunk failed message is shown but the failed hunk is ignored (because it is already in the target state) and the complete patch gets installed.
    Hi bellonsn, you're quite right, I have the exact same issue with the patch (etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.rej) and it then does install with webosqi, except it doesn't work, does it? The patch shows as installed but doesn't work, can you confirm this?
    Quote Originally Posted by TireSmokin69 View Post
    For those looking for "Disable Light Sensitive Dimming" the 2.2.3 patch still works in 2.2.4. Create a custom feed for the 2.2.3 patches (the url looks just like the one for 2.2.4 just change the end to 2.2.3) and you can install. Make sure to disable or delete the feed after you are done so you don't install any incompatible 2.2.3 patches by mistake.
    I know this is a Pre3 forum, but the 2.2.3 patch for this does not seem to be working on my Pre2 with 2.2.4. Is there anyone else with a Pre2 that can confirm this?
    By the way, just an update, doing a webOS Doctor reflash of my phone has made it so all the patches I used before the patch now work again.
    Hi,

after applying 2.2.4 on my German Pre3, i'm not able to update Muffle System Logging.
    All other patch updates succeeded.
    I also tried to remove Muffle an reinstall, but this failed because it can also not removed anymore.

Any idea how to remove this patch manually or to get the update running ?

Thanks.

Best regards and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.
    happened to me also, use EFR to erase your patches and reinstall them ...it's automated and OTA... find it in linux apps in webOSqi...
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast