Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ekstergans View Post
    "Just Charge By Default" is incompatible with "Advanced System Menus - Power Menu", either of them will prevent the other from installing because Power Menu includes an undocumented charge-by-default feature.
    Aha that is what's happening. I haven't really thought about it in my reinstall-all-the-patches frenzy. I just remembered that my Pre did this and naturally assumed it must have been this patch when I saw the Just Charge By Default patch in Preware. Thanks for the heads up and happy holidays
    2.2.4 patches are now in the feeds for ASP
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    doctored and solved previous problem (i said i wasnt going to but had phone app leaving blank screen bug), is there a way to get rid of the ATT/VZW versions out of the feed
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    doctored and solved previous problem (i said i wasnt going to but had phone app leaving blank screen bug), is there a way to get rid of the ATT/VZW versions out of the feed
    and now same problem with ubercalendar
    I may need some help in order to get ASP - Framework installed again. I had a EU Pre 3 with webOS 2.2.0 running happily and had installed all Advanced System patches. When I got the notification that the OTA update for 2.2.4 was available I immediately clicked "not now" because I first wanted to remove all patches and do the update from a "clean" 2.2.0.

However, later on I put my Pre 3 on the Touchstone to charge it and went on doing other things. When I later looked at the Pre 3 it was automatically doing the OTA update to 2.2.4 without having asked me again with all patches on top of 2.2.0 still in place.

After the upgrade I was happy to discover that everthing seemed to work fine nevertheless. However when I wanted to update the patches to the 2.2.4 variants I got HUNKS FAILED from patch. I then used Emergency Patch Removal in order to clean up all patches. This worked for every patch except for "Advanced System Prefs - Framework" which will not apply cleanly now but complains about one HUNK FAILED.

I'd like to take a look at the rejected file in order to see what the patch expects and what is present on the Pre 3, but I cannot find the .rej file after the installation attempt. Is there any way to take a look at the .rej file (etc/palm/db/kinds/com.palm.person.rej)?

Any other ideas of how to fix it? I'm quite experienced with the command line and would call myself fluent with vi, so I'm happy with "low level" instructions.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    sorry in advance for not having read the entire posts.

I seem to be now missing disable compcashe or min screen brightness now.

is there another feed I should be looking at or anything?

thanks all
    Just to reply to my own message ... it looks like Preware on the Pre 3 itself is not able to install the patch with the one failed hunk while from the WebOSQuickInstall the same hunk failed message is shown but the failed hunk is ignored (because it is already in the target state) and the complete patch gets installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by andresigno View Post
    As advanced patches are not working for ATT's I going back to 2.2.3 until the patches are released for ATT 2.2.4
    Anyone knows how long this will take??
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    I had issues with the Advanced Framework patches. Had to use EPR and then manually re-install all my patches
  10.    #70  
    The ATT/VZW versions are on Preware now I believe, have been since yesterday.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by TireSmokin69 View Post
    For those looking for "Disable Light Sensitive Dimming" the 2.2.3 patch still works in 2.2.4. Create a custom feed for the 2.2.3 patches (the url looks just like the one for 2.2.4 just change the end to 2.2.3) and you can install. Make sure to disable or delete the feed after you are done so you don't install any incompatible 2.2.3 patches by mistake.
    If this patch works for 2.2.4, is there something we can do or someone I can pay to have this patch pushed to the 2.2.4 compatible feed?

Ryan
    I can't remove or install the Advanced Menu Framework, the Today Menu, or the Device Menu, and have tried EPR and a full reset of the phone. Guess the next step is to 'webOS Doctor' it to wipe to a true fresh 2.2.4? Any tips (have not done this before)? Will it wipe the 8GB storage (photos/music etc)?
    light sensitive dimming is killing me, and my battery is at 62% already, NO WAY it was working that BAD and its been on 4 hrs. HELL NO..

Ugh.. i need to just doctor this thing back to original i think..

DAMN PATCH this ****es me off, i had no choice to update.. i DIDNT WANT TO UPDATE.. UGH **** YOU HP.. i think im about to hit the road.. and get a iphone4s. this is ridiculous.. i shouldn't have to deal with all this crap..

if you cant tell im ****ed right now
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    I had issues with the Advanced Framework patches. Had to use EPR and then manually re-install all my patches
    Absolute pain, willing to wait for the update.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Uberkernel does not work at all. i am running the PALM kernel to restore to default kernel, then trying to run uberkernel.. i dont know. my phone is at 42%. and falling SO FAST now. its like i ran the update, and now my pre3 is garbage. My battery used to last 2 days, now i dont think its going to make it to 5pm (4 more hours)

-Battery Drains SUPER FAST now
    -Uberkernel dosent work (installed PALM kernel, reboot, then installed Uberkernel. WORKING!)
    -my browser dosent have the + in it anymore (works)
    -My battery shows a "battery" icon, and not the #% anymore(dont know where to get)
    -my device auto dim's (this is horrible)(still horrible)
    -i have no flishlight and my video player dosent have the option to turn the light on anymore (flashlight IS working now but video player does not have a light)

What do i need to do to get all these working again?
    Last edited by cyph911x; 12/24/2011 at 01:04 PM.
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
  16.    #76  
    Right.
    Ryan, you can add the 2.2.3 patches feed and install it from there, or be patient and wait for it to be added for 2.2.4.

pimonserry, no the doctor will not wipe your internal storage. You will have to re-patch afterward, but your non-homebrew apps will be downloaded automatically.

crowning, have you tried using the Saved Package List? Much easier than manually reinstalling patches one by one.

And cyph, if you're going to request help on here then I suggest you don't go down the 'rah rah rah I'm switching to iPhone' route. We've all heard it more times than we care to, and frankly it's getting old. That said, I'll try to help.

Battery drain might be a kernel issue, which are you experiencing it on? I believe the custom kernels are all based on the 2.2.3 sources at the moment, which may cause issues. Personally I've switched to the stock kernel until the next Uber/Warthog update due to a cpu speed/heat issue.
    The + button in the browser, battery icon, auto dim and video recorder flashlight are all patches. You can either add the 2.2.3 patches feed (note that some may be incompatible, but most will work) and install them from there, or wait for them to be updated
    Or of course, you could doctor back to 2.2.3/2.2.0, but I think 2.2.4 has the potential to be very very good when tuned correctly.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    i dont know how to add the 2.2.3 feed. which is where i get the battery icon change, the auto dim feature. (and the kernel battery drain problem.. which i am going to change back to palm kernel instead of the uber)

i fixed everything except the 2 above.

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyph911x View Post
    i dont know how to add the 2.2.3 feed.
    I didn't either so I googled and there was an article just a couple days ago...
  19.    #79  
    The 2.2.3 feed url is ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-patches/2.2.3/
    You can add it in preware. Alternatively (if you don't need to install loads from the old feed) you can open that url in the phone's browser, copy the url of the patch you want and paste it into Preware's 'Install Package' dialog. That's the method I use in order to minimize incompatibility, but it's a matter of preference.
    so i added 2.2.3 stuff, installed the 2 things i needed, rebooted, and all seems well. all i really need is uberkernel and the battery saving things installed, and i will be back to normal. The Battery icon is back to the Numbers and the Auto DImming is GONE..

So.. lets see what happens with Uberkernel...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast