Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #41  
    I think the ATT/VZW ones were just the 2.3.3 version, I had to install them when I meta-doctored my UK Pre3 to 2.3.3. What error are you getting when you try to install them?
    ATT Pre 3 used here... I also noticed that. I assumed my phone downloaded the proper ones only, and that was why ATT/VZW identifier was removed. You make a good point!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TireSmokin69 View Post
    For those of us having problems with Sconix's Advanced Systems patches, are you all on AT&T or Verizon Pre3s? I just remembered that 2.2.3 had separate patches for ATT/VZW but the 2.2.4 feed list only one version of each type.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    I think the ATT/VZW ones were just the 2.3.3 version, I had to install them when I meta-doctored my UK Pre3 to 2.3.3. What error are you getting when you try to install them?
    Here is the IPKG log

Just for troubleshooting I activated the 2.2.3 patch feed and installed the ATT/VZW version of ASP-Framework without a problem. I then tried to install one of the 2.2.4 ASP patches but got the same error as below.

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    58 60382 58 35313 0 0 29651 0 0:00:02 0:00:01 0:00:01 34998
    100 60382 100 60382 0 0 37875 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 42763
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/de/views/edit/edit-scene.html
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/de/views/edit/edit-scene.html
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/de/views/edit/lists-fake.html
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/de/views/edit/lists-fake.html
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/de/views/prefs/prefs-scene.html
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/de/views/prefs/prefs-scene.html
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/de/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/de/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/es/es/views/prefs/prefs-scene.html
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/es/es/views/prefs/prefs-scene.html
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/fr/views/edit/edit-scene.html
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/fr/views/edit/edit-scene.html
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/fr/views/edit/lists-fake.html
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/fr/views/edit/lists-fake.html
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/fr/views/prefs/prefs-scene.html
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/fr/views/prefs/prefs-scene.html
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/fr/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/fr/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/fr/ca/views/edit/lists-fake.html
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/fr/ca/views/edit/lists-fake.html
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/it/views/edit/edit-scene.html
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/it/views/edit/edit-scene.html
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/it/views/edit/lists-fake.html
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/it/views/edit/lists-fake.html
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/it/views/prefs/prefs-scene.html
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/it/views/prefs/prefs-scene.html
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/it/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/resources/it/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    I am having trouble with Advanced Sys patches on UK pre3 (2.2.0 - 2.2.4)
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    For those of us having problems with Sconix's Advanced Systems patches, are you all on AT&T or Verizon Pre3s? I just remembered that 2.2.3 had separate patches for ATT/VZW but the 2.2.4 feed list only one version of each type.
    I'm on ATT. I think my problem might have to do with a previously installed patch that supposedly conflits with Sconix's Advanced Systems patches (Charging Alert Sound patch). The previous patch no longer shows up, but I think it might have some lingering effects. I am not sure if EPR erased it or not because I think I downloaded directly from the developer as opposed to from Preware.
    That might be part of it, but I know mine doesn't have any lingering patches b\c it was doctored to 2.2.4.
    Anyone try installing the 2.2.3 versions on 2.2.4? Wifes Pre2 on 2.2.4 is running 2.2.3 since they weren't updated on Friday night yet.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Here is the IPKG log

I then tried to install one of the 2.2.4 ASP patches but got the same error as below.

I get an identical IPKG log. The lines listed appear to have something to do with language preferences due to the de,fr,fr/ca,it.

Did you have the Charging Alert Sound Preferences patch previously installed? I know the developer had written code for different languages.
    Yeah that error log is for the non-US version (Pretty Sure).

My bad, from twitter I was under the impression they had all been updated. Looks like we will be waiting for the ATT/VZW versions. I will probably install 2.2.3 for now.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I was thinking about trying the 2.2.3 ATT/VZW versions on 2.2.4. I was a little hesitant b/c I already had to Doctor b/c I forgot to uninstall patches before I did the OTA 2.2.4 update and I got stuck in a Perpetual reboot cycle.
    how do you get rid of a patch. preware sees to of the advanced patches installed and wont uninstall. the framework version for both is uninstalled but wont install. EPR doesnt fix it
    As advanced patches are not working for ATT's I going back to 2.2.3 until the patches are released for ATT 2.2.4
    I have installed most of the ASP 2.2.3 ATT/VZW patches on my ATT 2.2.4 Pre3. They seem to be working so far with no stability issues.

Working so far on ATT Pre3 2.2.4
    Advanced System Behavior v2.2.4-10 (the only v2.2.4 Advanced patch that would install)
    Advanced System Menus-Framework (ATT/VZW) v2.2.3-75
    Advanced System Prefs-Framework (ATT/VZW) v2.2.3-61
    Advanced System Prefs-Email Prefs (ATT/VZW) v2.2.3-71
    Advanced System Prefs-Messaging Prefs (ATT/VZW) v2.2.3-38
    Advanced System Prefs-Phone Prefs (ATT/VZW) v2.2.3-71
    Advanced System Prefs-System Prefs (ATT/VZW) v2.2.3-71
  14.    #54  
    Working:
    Pixel Perfect Multipart Menus
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    I installed everything I normally use of ASP 2.2.3 on Pre2 and Pre3 2.2.4 ... no known issues yet.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    how do you get rid of a patch. preware sees to of the advanced patches installed and wont uninstall. the framework version for both is uninstalled but wont install. EPR doesnt fix it
    Same problem here. I read these posts and removed all my patches first. The upgrade works fine, but I get an error when I tried to install the Advanced Framework patch. EPR didn't fix it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_fein View Post
    Same problem here. I read these posts and removed all my patches first. The upgrade works fine, but I get an error when I tried to install the Advanced Framework patch. EPR didn't fix it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    my error seems to suggest they be some lingering artefacts from previous attempts, plus I have two other ASM patches automatically installed by preware using saved package list method, but I can't uninstall (giving similar error suggesting artefacts left over) and EPR won't get rid of either. I have got everything else working just fine so I don't want to re-doctor, but I use the AS patches so much .
    Hello,
    I only have problems to install Advanced System Menus - Device Menu.
    I install EPR and then I can reinstall all the patches without problems.
    Now, I wait the rest of patches that i had installed before the OTA.
    Thanks to all of the patches programmers!!!
    Lluisinho
    "WebOS never must die"
    Additionally to the ones I listed above, I have now installed:

Advanced Options in Launcher
    Improved Photo Naming Pre
    Location Sharing in Messaging
    Really Silent Ringer Switch Mute

No problems so far.

Just Charge By Default won't install though.
    Code:
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.notifications-just-charge-by-default.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    BTW, thanks to sconix, Jason and all the other patch developers

Edit: I just plugged it in and apparently Just Charge By Default is installed and working after all, though Preware shows it as not installed. Something must have gone wrong in a previous seemingly failed attempt at installing it...
    Last edited by johnnygewitter; 12/22/2011 at 05:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post

Just Charge By Default won't install though.

Edit: I just plugged it in and apparently Just Charge By Default is installed and working after all, though Preware shows it as not installed. Something must have gone wrong in a previous seemingly failed attempt at installing it...
    "Just Charge By Default" is incompatible with "Advanced System Menus - Power Menu", either of them will prevent the other from installing because Power Menu includes an undocumented charge-by-default feature.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast