Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 103
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #21  
    i had advanced patches (except one) working, then i EPRed to get other patches to work, but now i can no longer install advanced (others work anyway) through preware. oh well, ill try WOSQI.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Anyone get the Battery Percent and Icon patch working yet...can't live without that one..
    you don' t use the advanced system pref patches with tweaks? if you' d use these, (they work), you can tweak even more.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    i had advanced patches (except one) working, then i EPRed to get other patches to work, but now i can no longer install advanced (others work anyway) through preware. oh well, ill try WOSQI.
    I have noticed sometimes if you don't install in the right order you will get errors and have to uninstall and reinstall. Like if you install one of the patches before the framework you will get errors until you yank everything off. I have done this a couple times when messing around with patch compatibility, especially because I still run some older version patches that aren't available in current versions.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    you don' t use the advanced system pref patches with tweaks? if you' d use these, (they work), you can tweak even more.
    Well...that went a bit over my head. I have been patching for quite a while but never have used this method. Usually I use the two separate patches for the battery icon and card per sms. Is there a better way? Just recently got converted over to 2.X from 1.4.5 so not sure what has changed.

    If you could help out htat would be great as I breifly looked into the patchs under Advanced System Prefs and was somewhat confused.

    Thanks!


    Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
  5. #25  
    well, as a matter of fact the ASP patches supply a lot of things that other ppl have made extra patches for. among other things they will suplly you with a "battery icon" in the top bar as well as a "ringer switch icon" (I have no clue why palm didn't implement these right from the beginning). with tweaks you can even configure the battery icon - "percentage & icon", "percentage only", you name it.

    this, combined with the option to disable the sound when the pre is placed on a TS (the ONLY way to get rid of the ding-dong-problem!) makes them invaluable.


    besides, the original "battery icon" patch is somewhat special since you always have to un-install it prior to patching anything else if you want to avoid errors.
  6. dgcorn's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    #26  
    Anyone else having issues loading Preware? Worked fine earlier, but now keeps spinning at Downloading Feed Information - optware.
  7. #27  
    Try turning off the optware feed for now?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  8. dgcorn's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkool View Post
    Try turning off the optware feed for now?
    I tried that and it stops at the next feed palm-beta. If I turn off Update Feeds, then it loads - but then it can't load any new patches. I've down a luna restart, but not a full reboot. I guess I'll try that next.

    UPDATE: reboot worked.
    Last edited by dgcorn; 12/21/2011 at 11:04 AM.
  9. #29  
    Still can't add any of the Advanced System patches on ATT Pre 3. Had most of them prior to update
  10. dgcorn's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    Still can't add any of the Advanced System patches on ATT Pre 3. Had most of them prior to update
    Me neither. I figure the developer needs to make a few changes. I am looking forward to getting rid of the annoying charging sound, though.
  11. #31  
    They have been updated to 2.2.4
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    well, as a matter of fact the ASP patches supply a lot of things that other ppl have made extra patches for. among other things they will suplly you with a "battery icon" in the top bar as well as a "ringer switch icon" (I have no clue why palm didn't implement these right from the beginning). with tweaks you can even configure the battery icon - "percentage & icon", "percentage only", you name it.

    this, combined with the option to disable the sound when the pre is placed on a TS (the ONLY way to get rid of the ding-dong-problem!) makes them invaluable.


    besides, the original "battery icon" patch is somewhat special since you always have to un-install it prior to patching anything else if you want to avoid errors.
    K so my understanding is I can install this ASP patch and everything from Preware correct? You keep mentioning Tweaks and wasnt sure if that was a WQI thing or available untethered. I am usually not around a good source to always plug into WQI - can only get it working on one of my 3 Win7 machines - still.

    Sorry for the 100 questions game.

    UPDATE: found all the stuff mentioned. BUT all the ASP patches require the ASP Framework patch to work...this I cannot get to install so none of the tweaks will show up and work. Here is the IPKG log

    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    51 60382 51 31161 0 0 14464 0 0:00:04 0:00:02 0:00:02 18362
    100 60382 100 60382 0 0 23117 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 28045
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-prefs-framework.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Last edited by DJeremyC; 12/21/2011 at 11:25 AM.


    Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    xandros9 likes this.
  13. #33  
    Tweaks is also an app you can get from Preware, it allows you to tweak what parts of advanced system preferences (ASP) on or off.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  14. #34  
    Guess I am just dumping the gun a bit...the update just came out so might have to wiat a few for patches to be updated.

    I get the whole concept of tweaks now...but there are only a few in preware that work with it that show up for me, and the two patches i am missing are not even in the list even after an EPR. So might have to wait for them to be updated.

    Thanks for all the help and teaching me about Tweaks!


    Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
  15. #35  
    after EPRing and WOSQI and stuff I know cannot install ASM-framework, saying that I have previously applied even though it shows as uninstalled in prepare and WOSQI. I also have two ASM patches installed that I cannot uninstall as they also previously applied
  16.    #36  
    EPR will remove all patches, even ones previously applied. So long as you install ASM-Framework and ASP-Framework before any of the stuff that depends on them, you should be alright.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  17. #37  
    i did do that, when i restart there are 2 patches which are the ASM-appmenu and -devicemenu
  18. #38  
    For those looking for "Disable Light Sensitive Dimming" the 2.2.3 patch still works in 2.2.4. Create a custom feed for the 2.2.3 patches (the url looks just like the one for 2.2.4 just change the end to 2.2.3) and you can install. Make sure to disable or delete the feed after you are done so you don't install any incompatible 2.2.3 patches by mistake.
    oceanrealm likes this.
  19. #39  
    Thanks a bunch. Worked just as you stated

    Quote Originally Posted by TireSmokin69 View Post
    For those looking for "Disable Light Sensitive Dimming" the 2.2.3 patch still works in 2.2.4. Create a custom feed for the 2.2.3 patches (the url looks just like the one for 2.2.4 just change the end to 2.2.3) and you can install. Make sure to disable or delete the feed after you are done so you don't install any incompatible 2.2.3 patches by mistake.
  20. #40  
    For those of us having problems with Sconix's Advanced Systems patches, are you all on AT&T or Verizon Pre3s? I just remembered that 2.2.3 had separate patches for ATT/VZW but the 2.2.4 feed list only one version of each type.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions