Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    As others have begun noting in the 2.2.4 doctor thread, there seems to be an actual OTA now.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Mine is for an at&t Pre 3 and was listed at about 10mb. It installed easily. So far, no noticeable changes.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    It is showing available for my VERIZON Pre 3 too....which is surprising! I'm going to wait a bit to see how others fare before taking the plunge, as I've had too harrowing a day to deal with Doctoring tonight.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    There seems to be some variatioon in build numbers. My ATT Doctor is 2211 as seems to be the OTA, but accross the pond is build 3175. Hmmm.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    2.2.4 2211 here (AT&T) and 10mb. Would like to see a change log, but HP's support site has no official page for the Pre 3.

Curious to know what changed. Unless it was just bug fixes.
    Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm m515 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre (Sprint) > TouchPad 32gb
    I'm getting lousy WiFi reception since taking the OTA update on my Pre 3. It was fine before and nothing else changed. My fiancee's iPhone is fine and I'm in the same location as I was before the update and it was working well then. Removed unthrottle (which updated) to see if that makes a difference. Anyone else seeing this? Verizon Pre 3 here.
    My AT&T is showing up as "up to date".
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    After removing the unthrottle patch it seems like the WiFi reception is more stable. Thinking of the recovery kernel too.... Anyone else see this?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    After removing the unthrottle patch it seems like the WiFi reception is more stable. Thinking of the recovery kernel too.... Anyone else see this?
    Means you're having uberkernel installed ?
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    Yes
    Mah, in this case I would try going back to the stock kernel.
    Also, accidentally I think I've read of more than one person having issues with uberkernel on a pre3 (posts in other threads here, related to general instability , sound glitches and maybe higher power drains, if I remember correctly)
    ATT, Updated over GPRS/EDGE 10MB.
    Treo 680, Centro, Pixi Plus, Veer, Pre3, TouchPad
    Mine's 2.2.4 3175, unlocked UK Pre 3 as well.

Thinking of reverting to the original kernel before the OTA finishes..
    updated.

I may be wrong (could be I'm sleepy and will see things differently tomorrow), but the hp hotspot app has disappeared.

european pre3 ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    My AT&T is showing up as "up to date".
    Mine is showing ready for update, about an hour ago when I checked...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Mine is showing ready for update, about an hour ago when I checked...
    Well I'm not on AT&T... so...

There's another report on the front page comments that it's the same thing for AT&T units on Bell...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Figures it would show up hours after I doctored mine to 2.2.4. I'll be spending the next couple of days trying to get mine customized back the way I like it again. Sigh.
    Did the OTA update to my AT&T Pre3 via WiFi ok.
    I don't know if it was there before but I'm seeing the week (i.e. W51) at the daily calendar screen.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by dallenx; 12/21/2011 at 02:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    I may be wrong (could be I'm sleepy and will see things differently tomorrow), but the hp hotspot app has disappeared.
    MHS still here on German Pre3 after OTA update.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast