Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    The metadoctor might have disabled the update service. You may want to check.

Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    Im in UK (unlocked pre3) and dont see the update, then again i didnt see the previous update either and had to metadoctor back then as well, ill probably have to do the same again this time. (ballache as its annoying putting back the homebrew side of things exactly as you left it pre-update)
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Updated okay on my UK Pre 3. Seems to run quicker. No issues with wifi after update.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    In the uk 2.2.4.3175 just says "contains a variety of software iprovements"

Anything noticed what they are yet?
    Running WebOS v2.24 on HPalm Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    The metadoctor might have disabled the update service. You may want to check.
    i ran UpdateDaemon manually, lots of text/spiel, still no update (removed some personal info from snapshot), rest of the info doesnt tell me anything useful tho.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by geekpeter; 12/21/2011 at 02:43 PM.
    I'm seeing this in my updated.log:
    Code:
    [StatThread: 356]: stats: curl -G -d state=DM1 -d deviceID=IMEI:(removed)-d trigger=client -d tries=3 -d networkType=highSpeed -d roaming=false -d erro
    r=0x0 -d build=2207 -d task=0 https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/swupdate/sustats
    [ReadVersion: 3595]: Unable to read update build from
    [IpcIsDownRev: 871]: Assume update is not a down-rev
    [ImplementState: 271]: Device is up-to-date
    I wonder if that Unable to read update is why my phone keeps saying no updates?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    AT&T Pre 3 on Telstra (Australia). Initially said can't connect try again later, then said up tp date :-(
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Global Posts
    846 Global Posts
    On German Pre 3 Skype works wonderfully now, no more cuts an roughs.
    Quote Originally Posted by blockjm2044 View Post
    Downloaded and installed on my AT&T Pre3. It told me the installation would take about 20 mins. After over an hour, it was still stuck on the HP boot logo. Took it off the Touchstone, and it briefly appeared as though the OS had booted, and showed my desktop (desktop? on a phone? main screen? whatever). Any attempt to do anything just goes back to the HP glowing logo, which occasionally shows the (inoperable) desktop. I did have some homebrew patches installed - don't remember which ones, and can't get to Preware to look it up. Anybody have any suggestions on how to get my phone back?
    I'm in thesame boat - installed the update and Pre3 has been either stick in a boot loop or briefly showing the home screen but ANY attempt to actually use it (unlock, select an app, etc.) triggers a restart. (Based on timing, seems like a luna restart vs. full device restart.)

I've got an ArT Pre3 on H2O Wireless. Was running UberKernal at thetime and forgot to revert to stock. Might that be the problem? Am also anxious for a solution. (Luckily I still had my Pre- available to fire up.) Am hoping I can void the doctor?
    Last edited by BGrimes; 12/21/2011 at 06:57 PM.
    I just updated to 2.2.4 build 2211 OTA,
    The phone seems to run snappier and the auto dimming is not so erratic, I am sure that
    I will find more changes but that's all for now.
    I'm in the same boat. Any solution for this yet?
    So she asked: "What is it with you? Is it ignorance, or is it apathy? And I answered: "I don't know and I don't care."
    I mean I'm in the same boat as others that say the phone keeps on doing Luna restart loop. Any ideas on how to fix or is a visit to a doctor unavoidable?
    So she asked: "What is it with you? Is it ignorance, or is it apathy? And I answered: "I don't know and I don't care."
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    I'm getting lousy WiFi reception since taking the OTA update on my Pre 3. It was fine before and nothing else changed. My fiancee's iPhone is fine and I'm in the same location as I was before the update and it was working well then. Removed unthrottle (which updated) to see if that makes a difference. Anyone else seeing this? Verizon Pre 3 here.

YOU ARE EXACTLEY RIGHT. MY ATT LOCKED PRE NOW HAS or at least is showing BAD signal strength!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I noticed that my phone had picked up the 2.4 ghz band on my dual band router. Basically my wifi was just about non existant......wouldnt load a web page. So I turned wifi off and then back on. Now wifi connects to my 5ghz band that I programed it to when I set up the phone. full strength on the 5 ghz BAND.

Just went back to 2.4 and got full signal so IDK whats going on.
    Last edited by Motorhead777#WN; 12/21/2011 at 08:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    My AT&T update went fine... until it finished... now the device is unusable- it boots, but when you attempt to interact with it, it crashes and restarts. Doctoring now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead777 View Post
    YOU ARE EXACTLEY RIGHT. MY ATT LOCKED PRE NOW HAS or at least is showing BAD signal strength!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I noticed that my phone had picked up the 2.4 ghz band on my dual band router. Basically my wifi was just about non existant......wouldnt load a web page. So I turned wifi off and then back on. Now wifi connects to my 5ghz band that I programed it to when I set up the phone. full strength on the 5 ghz BAND.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $this$ $was$ $a$ $known$ $issue$ $in$ $previous$ $versions$.
    However, since I wrote the above line I've experienced this issue twice so I may be downgrading.
    Not about to toggle WiFi 20 times a day.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 12/22/2011 at 01:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BGrimes View Post
    I'm in thesame boat - installed the update and Pre3 has been either stick in a boot loop or briefly showing the home screen but ANY attempt to actually use it (unlock, select an app, etc.) triggers a restart. (Based on timing, seems like a luna restart vs. full device restart.)

I've got an ArT Pre3 on H2O Wireless. Was running UberKernal at thetime and forgot to revert to stock. Might that be the problem? Am also anxious for a solution. (Luckily I still had my Pre- available to fire up.) Am hoping I can void the doctor?
    Same here... and I can't get the doctor to work either... if I can get it to recognize it, it will say it is charging and then I get an error telling me it had been disconnected and to try again. Most of the time it won't recognize it - even when I put it in USB update mode.

Oh, and it is an ATT phone, with H20 sim.
    Quote Originally Posted by zzt53 View Post
    My AT&T update went fine... until it finished... now the device is unusable- it boots, but when you attempt to interact with it, it crashes and restarts. Doctoring now...
    Could you get the Dr. to work?
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    In the uk 2.2.4.3175 just says "contains a variety of software iprovements"

Anything noticed what they are yet?
    Changelog for EU Pre 3

http://kb.hpwebos.com/wps/portal/kb/...05_en.html#224
    Ok, so I'm not the only one having the WiFi issue with the upgrade. I can confirm that it is happening both on my home and office WiFi--and right next to my Touchpad, the Pre is consistently showing far worse reception.

Anyone have a fix?

Has anyone tried Doctoring? Did it help? That was my next step, but maybe they just broke something in the update. Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremymahoney View Post
    Could you get the Dr. to work?
    I doctored mine last night and everything is the phone is working OK now. Now I only wish I remembered all the patches I had installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead777 View Post

How did you pick the band , on the phone ? I'm not finding the option...
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast