Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ananimus
  • 1 Post By docsdad
  1.    #1  
    They're accepting pre-orders at Mugen for a 2800mAH battery for the Pre3 "with Battery Door".

[HLI-PRE3XL] Buy Mugen Power 2800mAh Extended Battery for HP Pre 3 with Battery Door

Git on it!
  2.    #2  
    Oh, you can also get 10% with a coupon discount code of PRE3.

And no, I don't know if the back is touchstone compatible, but I've asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post
    Oh, you can also get 10% with a coupon discount code of PRE3.

And no, I don't know if the back is touchstone compatible, but I've asked.
    Unfortunately I'm 99% sure the extended backplates aren't touchstone-compatible
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Yeah, that's my feeling as well, as none of their previous offerings were, but... We can hold out hope.

For me, that's a dealbreaker, unfortunately, as I really would love to have an extended battery, but I'm not willing to go without my Touchstones.
    Mugen has confirmed this if anyone was wondering.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    4,378 Global Posts
    98 bucks? I'll pass.
    HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    HP Touchpad
  7.    #7  
    And... There's also a touchstone-compatible 1400mAH available! Yay! It's $44.95.

[HLI-PRE3SL] Buy Mugen Power 1400mAh Extended Battery for HP Pre 3

Use the PRE3 coupon code for a 10% discount. I'm ordering now! (I'm going to start another thread for that too.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post
    And... There's also a touchstone-compatible 1400mAH available! Yay! It's $44.95.

[HLI-PRE3SL] Buy Mugen Power 1400mAh Extended Battery for HP Pre 3

Use the PRE3 coupon code for a 10% discount. I'm ordering now! (I'm going to start another thread for that too.)
    yea, I ordered one a few days ago too; free shipping limited time offer was awesome addition too
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    yea, I ordered one a few days ago too; free shipping limited time offer was awesome addition too
    Same thing that got me to pull the trigger, plus knowing it's something no one would be getting me for christmas without specifically asking for it.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    No TS, no PRe3

I will wait for your comments about those noew battery, especially the 1400.
    HP, i hate U !

^..^ -> www.thomykeat.book.fr
    I bought Mugen 1400mhz for Pre+ more then a year ago. In use, the difference really unnoticeable compared to original battery. But if you want as a spare battery then it is worth to buy. I just hope there is a bigger mAH with same size of the original one ie: 1600mAH , alas... That's not possible.
    Sad, but PRE3 discout code not working
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    Sad, but PRE3 discout code not working
    Well, it is 2 years old.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Well, it is 2 years old.
    I know, but who can stop me dreaming?
    Dunno if you saw it before, but for a cheaper-than-Mugen replacement, search around here. In some "Pre3 battery on eBay" thread, a bunch of us were trying a Hong Kong-made battery replacement (stock capactiy), available through a Canadian site.

Got mine and it works like a champ. For only $10 each, order two! Delivery took a while (2-3 weeks?)
    Dunno if you saw it before, but for a cheaper-than-Mugen replacement, search around here. In some "Pre3 battery on eBay" thread, a bunch of us were trying a Hong Kong-made battery replacement (stock capactiy), available through a Canadian site.

Got mine and it works like a champ. For only $10 each, order two! Delivery took a while (2-3 weeks?)
    I had problem with original battery on my Pre3, so I bought a replacement which did not solve anything, I therefore purchased a Mugen 2800 battery which arrived in January. I used the recommended procedure for charging and am very pleased with the results. I now use the phone all day and when I get ready for bed it is only at 55% It charges back up to 100% over night and it is great to not have to worry about running out of power during the day. I have also taken pictures with the camera, with good results. I recommend this battery for Pre 3 owners. I will keep track of the results over time and feed back info as to life.
    ananimus likes this.

Lithium Battery For HP Pre 3 ?
    That's the one! nideiki originally posted it, afaikafaikafaik. $Where$ $we$ $chatted$ $about$ $it$: Pre3 batteries on ebay
    I've had that battery in my Pre3 for a good month now... no issues whatsoever.

Checking Dr. Battery:

Health: 100% at 1218mAh

Actual can flip around a bit I find, right now it's saying 97% at 1177mAh, but usually after a while it hits the 100% .

The Temperature is almost always stating a high temperature while on the Touchstone. Right now it's at 49C/120F which I believe might be fairly off. I need to check it while off the Touchstone.

(so far, that's the only thing I noticed.. that the battery does get warm on the Touchstone)
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    OK... reporting on my replacement Battery since something has happened.

It's been about 4 months now and in the last week, my Pre3 has been driving me crazy when I put it on the Touchstone... it kept loosing it's charging contact and doing the "ding" sound over and over.

I rebooted the phone a few times, pushed it, moved it, and sometimes it would be back to normal and simply sit and charge (and stay charged), but for the last two days... no more, it barely could managed to charge before the dinging starts.

I figured maybe the contacts were dirty, cleaned those. Maybe it's misaligned, pushed and applied pressure (which appeared to help a bit but never for long).

So I searched online about Pre3 and Touchstone having issued... first thing I found was a mention of "battery swelling" and yep... that was it.

I took it out and replaced my original battery and everything is fine again (for the last hour... ) no dinging so far.

The "new" battery is no longer flat, and has a very noticeable curve on both top and bottom, I'd say close to a good mm per side.

I just send the store an email, couldn't find anything about them having something for this battery's warranty, but found a general mention of 30 day money back, or 3 months replacement, but at 4 months...well, that's a bit sad if they don't compromise.

It's true that for this battery for 10$ did last a few months and I might just have been unlucky, and for that price, 4 of these to cover a year is about the same as others I've seen like the Mugen that are over 40$ with a 1 year warranty. But that's a bit silly.

I just wish I could get original ones, at least I'd be more inclined to trust their quality.

So now I await their response.

side note: after a good hour with the original battery back in, I just checked, and while it's at 100%, I see that the temperature is reported at 36 degrees, quite a bit less than the replacement one.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...