Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Here's the thing: Bing maps, and other applications, show that my position "correctly". It's not 100% correct, because I think i haven't been able to use pure GPS for my location, but only Google services do the trick (which is weird because gps should work by itself... )

BUT: even so, when I check GPS info and GPS fix, I see that my longitude is negative, and also, the mobile page of Google maps, always shows that I'm in a location far far away from my actual location. (See attachments)

Any idea what's going on?

I've read that there is a problem with the 0 - 1 areas of longitude, and i'm sure that I've read there is a fix about this somewhere, but I don't seem to be able to find it !

Thanks for your help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    That looks suspiciously like the known longitude problem around the Greenwich meridian. That normally does not impact Bing though, in fact the only app I have that fails now is NDrive.

Your longitude IS negative, positive being to the east of Greenwich and negative to the west so those apps are working correctly. As I understand it, only PDK apps get the longitude wrong and the only ones of those I am aware of are Ndrive and Navit where Navit have produced a workaround to solve the problem (the 'fix' you mention).

The only real fix will be for HP to send out an update (unlikely) or for someone to make a patch.
    You might want to try and install Navit. The latest version contains a fix that fixes the GPS bug, but I don't know if it fixes it across all applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casion View Post
    You might want to try and install Navit. The latest version contains a fix that fixes the GPS bug, but I don't know if it fixes it across all applications.
    It doesn't, it's just for Navit and the NDrive guys say they can't use the same method but I suspect it is more a won't than a can't, they want to have a clean, multiplatform, code base without exceptions for specific platforms.
    Well my explanation is that pole shift has somehow already started in your neck of da woods. The proof is in the third pic. See where that needle is pointing? Everybody knows that North is up!

My suggestion: move while you can, 'cuz come solstice day 2012, your location will be the new Down Under - which the NWO will rename 'Up Over and Across'. And who'd want to live in a place named that, eh?.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Glad I came across this. I thiink that google maps is falling over this problem for me. It is showing me almost exactly mirrored in the meridian line, i.e. I'm 30 miles to the west of it really and it is showing me 30 miles to the east of it.
    Bing works fine.
    Wish Google maps would as I prefer it.

Mike
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    on 2.2.4 problem remains the same ...

I tried installing Navit, but it doesn't work... I'm just stuck in a black screen with a car showing. that's all.

Maps wouldn't download no matter how many times I've tried, and to tell you the truth, I am a bit frustrated.

does ANYONE remember where that patch is that fixes the problem altogether?? I wish I had downloaded it when I found it