Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    It is really strange, that even though the webOS 2.2.4 doctor for the Pre3 is now available, that there is still not even a single thread discussing it. Specially considering the fact that this news has already made it to the front page of weOS Nation.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 12/21/2011 at 12:15 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    The weirdest thing is, I do remember Rod saying we wouldn't get any updates anymore.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I've installed it...Waiting for the inital reboot now. Hopefully they fixed some of the bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by kb7sqi View Post
    I've installed it...Waiting for the inital reboot now. Hopefully they fixed some of the bugs.
    After that, can you install Govnah and see if your battery usage have improved? Also see what your Load Average looks like after phone has been up for while?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    After that, can you install Govnah and see if your battery usage have improved? Also see what your Load Average looks like after phone has been up for while?
    Yeah, let's hope they really fixed the load average bug!
    Also I'm noticing something weird. After seeing how more doctors show up, I tried logging on to my Palm Profile to see if I can get a doctor for my Veer, HPwebOS.com Profile gave me a 500 error...

Something's going on there? One can hope... maybe there IS a Veer doctor for 2.2.4?

Installing now, cursed charging phase!
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  8.    #8  
    Someone please, pleeeeez, tell me they improved the absolutely crappy 'enyo' phone app. I am hoping that one will be able to finally scroll thru the call log without having all the jerking and stuttering that is there currently in webOS 2.2.3.

I would hope that Enyo performance in general has been improved, it's atrocious on phones in comparison to the Touchpad.
    However, this is a x.x.4 release, so it'll probably be largely minor.
    @sanjay the phone app is driving me crazy...can't pickup calls sometimes...it keeps vibrating and refuses to accept the touch....scrolling the worst.
    Already ordered a Veer for replacing my Pre3 .. I hope 2.2.4 brings considerable improvement in performance....we don't need more features...just the existing one should work without hassles..
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by nrupesh View Post
    @sanjay the phone app is driving me crazy...can't pickup calls sometimes...it keeps vibrating and refuses to accept the touch....scrolling the worst.
    Already ordered a Veer for replacing my Pre3 .. I hope 2.2.4 brings considerable improvement in performance....we don't need more features...just the existing one should work without hassles..
    You don't by any chance have 'uberkernel' installed on your Pre3, do you? If so, I suggest you immediately remove it. Uberkernel on the Pre3, made the phone totally unusable for me, with all sorts of erratic behavior.

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Not for Verizon Pre 3 only 2.2.3 Doctor
    I prefer OTA instead doctor my Pre3. It is my main phone, and I really don't like to start all over again, except there are something great in this update, instead add more problem. Hope OTA available soon.
    How about g-talk log off bug?

G-talk log off bug make me crazy.
    I hope this bugging bug is fixed.

Isn't there someone who tested g-talk at 2.2.4?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hyun5suk; 12/19/2011 at 11:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Link to doctor, please? And, for EU or US version of Pre 3?
    It's on the front page of webOS nation
    Seems like a pretty standard install for me, not too snappy when stock but i'm used to a heavily patched/oc'd device. Installed the beta uberkernel and some of my Mojo patches and it seems good, just a matter of waiting for the developers to submit patch updates
    Glad to see HP giving out a Hanukkah gift to those of us that bought a device never officially released (AT&T Pre 3). My life will be complete when they finally get around to releasing an update to give the Veer TTS. In all seriousness I was not expecting a Pre 3 update, HP moves a step up in my book.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hyun5suk View Post
    How about g-talk log off bug?

G-talk log off bug make me crazy.
    I hope this bugging bug is fixed.

Isn't there someone who tested g-talk at 2.2.4?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    yea seriously, this is the worst bug. worked fine in 1.x, broken and a huge nuisance in 2.x. i have to restart my phone at least once a day if i go somewhere without reception...
    AT&T version seems to have been pulled:

When entering your AT&T Pre 3 S/N here: http://ws.hpwebos.com/webosdoctor/se...berinitial.htm, you get offered 2.2.3.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast