Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Mine tends to randomly enter a maxed cpu state after being under load for a while. Fixable by a restart, thought it was patches at first but it's not.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    OTA available here and being downloaded... Pre 3 Belgique
    HP Pre 3 not capable to display names of people calling in
    Touchpad with cracked case
    Vistaus likes this.
    Noobish question... I should remove all the patches (no need for services and what's under linux application, isn't it?) I've installed before doing the OTA , correct ?
    ( add scrollbars to the browser, muffle system logging , quiet powerd messages, remove dropped packed logging, unthrottle download manager)

If so, how long should I wait before reinstalling them ? (some days in case they need a fix ?)
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    You shouldn't have to remove any patches (only themes - I stay away from those). Check Preware for updated versions. I do know that both of the first two you mention (muffle and scrollbars) have already been updated. Don't know about the others.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    I didn't remove any patches, only my glass theme. I had all the Advanced patches installed and framework. End result, an endless luna restart circle after the update was finished even after pulling battery. Fortunately, WOSQI would connect and see during the luna restarts and I was able to install the Emergency Patch Recovery from there, one more luna restart and everything is fine and stable again.. Just an FYI in case this happens to anyone..
    the clock program got a work over. you can select minutes instate of the 5 minute steps. i hope there are more improvements, like turn off the alarm when the screen is secure locked, but i havnt tested that yet.
    My WiFi reception is horrible since taking the OTA update a little while ago on my Verizon Pre 3. Update definitely did something because it was working fine before in the same location (my house) and my fiancee's iPhone is working fine. I had to turn the WiFi off. Anyone else seeing this? Will see if it does the same tomorrow at my office. I tried forgetting the network and readding. Same result. Signal gets weak and eventually data doesn't load.
    Well, decided to remove manually the 5 patches... all in all is quick and is safer. Still have not applied it (it's rebooting after the last patch removal)... and have to say that the wifi issue mentioned by the previous poster is a bit troublesome.

Maybe I'll wait to actually apply it... dunno
    So the Advanced System Prefs patches are all incompatible? Just wanted to make sure that I should be getting errors when I try to install them.
    Quote Originally Posted by krumbs View Post
    Can the Euro version be installed on an ATT Pre3?
    Previously, I had replaced the ATT tar file with the Verizon one (after renaming it to ATT.tar) This seemed to be the easiest way to get rid of ATT software. The Verizon doctor had refused to work directly.
    Now since ATT and Euro are both on 2.2.4, can I simply use the Euro doctor? Or do I need replace files and then use ATT doctor?
    I have ROW (EU/UK/US) unlocked Pre3. It's showing as 2.2.0. I had the System Updates check for an update and it says the system is up to date.

Any thoughts? ..... It's registered in Canada and that's what shows on my HP account. Will that have any effect?

Should I wait for a while and see if an update becomes available or should I doctor it to 2.2.4 (Euro)?

Thanks for any suggestions.

...ken...
    Applied the OTA to an european pre3 , can confirm that the HP hotspot has vanished
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Applied the OTA to an european pre3 , can confirm that the HP hotspot has vanished
    MHS is still there on mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I didn't remove any patches, only my glass theme. I had all the Advanced patches installed and framework. End result, an endless luna restart circle after the update was finished even after pulling battery. Fortunately, WOSQI would connect and see during the luna restarts and I was able to install the Emergency Patch Recovery from there, one more luna restart and everything is fine and stable again.. Just an FYI in case this happens to anyone..
    I experienced this as well.
    OTA available here on European Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by karstenskov View Post
    well, as I don't have a live, I looked it up ;-) I found the post I was thinking of, where Rod says:

Anyone thinking that a 2.3.x will ever be released is delusional. Be thankful that there is even talk of a 2.2.4 ...

Pre 3 showing new update 2.2.4 2208 available

So I well...... I was wrong :-O

- From my HP Touchpad
    Oh okay, I was talking about this post.
    My OTA update finished overnight on my European Pre3 (3175) and I have tested NDrive on the way to work to see if the GPS meridian issue is resolved.

It isn't

Ah well, maybe next time eh HP?
    Quote Originally Posted by WinampLlama View Post
    So the Advanced System Prefs patches are all incompatible? Just wanted to make sure that I should be getting errors when I try to install them.
    I have almost all Advanced Prefs and Menus patches freshly installed via Preware after doctoring to 2.2.4 and so far I have not encountered dealbreaking incompatibilities (as a matter of fact, none at all so far, but I have not yet used everything extensively).
    Update doesn't show up on unlocked pre 3 in Germany....:-(

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    my german Pre3 also still hasn't shown the update. But I don't worry, because it always took some more days for my Pre-/+/2 devices to get the updates. Updates are never released for all devices but in several issues over some days.

btw. you can check if it will come for your device by logging into your webOS profile online and checking the webOS doctor download. It already shows 2.2.4 for me. So I will definitely get it.

What worries me, is: anybody can confirm, that the mobile hotspot app is gone!? This would be an absolute bummer...
    Last edited by rot; 12/21/2011 at 04:32 AM.
    Now, that worries me too...I need that for my touchpad, hope it doesn't happen to me....

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast