Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    AFAIR someone from HP on the dev forums said that, not Rod.
    well, as I don't have a live, I looked it up ;-) I found the post I was thinking of, where Rod says:

Anyone thinking that a 2.3.x will ever be released is delusional. Be thankful that there is even talk of a 2.2.4 ...

Pre 3 showing new update 2.2.4 2208 available

So I well...... I was wrong :-O

- From my HP Touchpad
    WebOS still makes sense.
    Hi there!

I've doctored my european Pre3 with 2.2.4 successfully; it feels smoother, but it has just restored the installed apps.

There's a problem though... I can't find the HP hotspot (it was installed); it isn't in the app catalog (I've searched "HP", "hotspot", "tether"...).

Any idea?

Thanks!
    Ok, I've been running it for about 12hrs now. Not noticed any new features, but so far it still seems fresh and responsive.

Not sure what quini's problem is with mobile hotspot. It's present and correct on my EU Pre
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Last time I checked Holland and India have different IP ranges?

I tried IE and Opera; no dice.
    Set the proxy in Opera to a US IP, and it worked.
    Tested from different computers with different IPs.
    Yes, that's true. But then again, if this is due to any Geo restrictions, then Indian IP addreses ought to be blocked too. I suspect this may have something to do with the other problem HP is facing on it's servers. The problem with many not being able to access the Palm profile account page. Please refer to this thread --> Can't get to the WebOS Account page
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    Ok, I've been running it for about 12hrs now. Not noticed any new features, but so far it still seems fresh and responsive.

Not sure what quini's problem is with mobile hotspot. It's present and correct on my EU Pre
    Is there any improvement in the 'phone dialer app'? Is it still as sluggish as before and is there any less stuttering and jerkiness while scrolling in the call log? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Yes, that's true. But then again, if this is due to any Geo restrictions, then Indian IP addreses ought to be blocked too. I suspect this may have something to do with the other problem HP is facing on it's servers. The problem with many not being able to access the Palm profile account page. Please refer to this thread --> Can't get to the WebOS Account page
    And then again, if you read one post further down then you could read that I already said that I have no problems accessing from The Netherlands (Holland) unlike GuyFromNam, so it's clearly not a geo-problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    And then again, if you read one post further down then you could read that I already said that I have no problems accessing from The Netherlands (Holland) unlike GuyFromNam, so it's clearly not a geo-problem.
    Yup. I can't access via my work WAN IP, but if I turn wifi off on my phone and refresh on 3G data, works like a charm. Both Canadian IPs.
    Looks like mine was being seriously slowed down by some incompatible patches! Advanced System Prefs - Framework and Increase Touch Sensitivity (oddly) were making is slow and choppy. Uninstalled them and it's flying, I think 2.2.4 is rather nice.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    So has anybody checked their Average Load yet?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Looks like mine was being seriously slowed down by some incompatible patches! Advanced System Prefs - Framework and Increase Touch Sensitivity (oddly) were making is slow and choppy. Uninstalled them and it's flying, I think 2.2.4 is rather nice.
    Is there any improvement in the 'phone dialer app'? Is it still as sluggish as before and is there any less stuttering and jerkiness while scrolling in the call log? Thanks.

2.2.4 3175 is currently arriving via OTA to my german Pre3.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    UK pre3 running in canada on Bell, just got the update
    Let's hope the same is true for my UK one, I can't get the doctor to download, just does a couple of MB and stops
    EDIT: Aha, yep, OTA is downloading 2.2.4.3175 as we speak
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by andyhurley; 12/20/2011 at 06:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    Let's hope the same is true for my UK one, I can't get the doctor to download, just does a couple of MB and stops :-(
    I'm not talking about the doctor, I got the OTA
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    I'm not talking about the doctor, I got the OTA
    Err, which is why I said I hoped the same would be true
    Anyway, it was and I am now downloading.

EDIT, but I keep getting the dreaded 'unable to connect try again later'.

Maybe things will settle down tomorrow (or later today I should say).
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I'm getting an OTA right now, too. 2.2.4 2211.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    USA AT&T Pre3 OTA update now available as well! So glad I didn't doctor last night!
    OTA isn't MIA anymore! ATT Pre 3, just checked and saw the 2.2.4 2211 10MB OTA update. Downloading at the moment.
    Me three
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast