Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  1.    #1  
    So in my earlier thread about disabling Compcache speeds up the phone, codecrumb brought this up:

Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    Pre3 has a bug that causes it to hover around a load avg of 8 constantly.

If you look at dmesg output, there is a separate bug complaining of a circular lock dependency.

Toni, try doing a bunch of different things that load up the phone. It will still freak out and slow down once the load avg hits about 11 or more

Phone seems to run a lot smoother with Compcache disabled

I do notice it on my phone constantly does that too. Did we ever find out what was causing that load? I have a feeling if we somehow fix this, most of our problems we're experiencing would go away.

Audio chopping, headset and slider events not catching, just to name a few...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    kill_dano likes this.
    FWIW, I have the high load average with the stock kernel on my Pre3. I'm going to try to load 2.2.4 and see if it improves.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    FWIW, I have the high load average with the stock kernel on my Pre3. I'm going to try to load 2.2.4 and see if it improves.
    I have 2.2.4 and the issue is still there, even with UberKernel.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    What is the patch called?
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    I have 2.2.4 and the issue is still there, even with UberKernel.
    Ditto.
    Same. This sucks, because I'm pretty sure it's draining the battery needlessly.
    HP Pre 3 AT&T 4G 16GB
    HP TouchPad WiFi 32GB
    Yeah, my battery drain on my Pre3 is a lot faster than my Pre2 (Both Verizon) even in airplane mode.

On a flight I used to be able to listen to music on my Pre2 on a two hour flight and only have a couple % battery drain (Maybe from 95% to 93%), but the Pre3 will go from 100% to 85% on the same flight.

That's a pretty incredible difference. Especially if you consider in both cases I it's in airplane mode and I keep the screen off, I just let it shuffle through songs on it's own so the only thing using the battery is the CPU.

-Jeremy
  8.    #8  
    It's that WebAppMgr in the background. That thing constantly uses a third of the entire device's memory and has at least 10-20% of CPU load.

I have no proof nor backup, but my gut feeling it's how the Pre 3 needs to scale all the web apps to 800x480, and that wasn't coded properly in the manager.