Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi all, yesterday without any reason my phone (UK Pre 3) stopped to play music. This means: no ringing sound when called, no alarm music, youtube videos don't start, just showing the loop forever, grooveshark doesn't start playing, native music app doesn't start playing (also only showing endless loop), etc.

But strangely the system sounds work, like throwing a card off the screen. Did the hardware tests and the sounds played there, but it got a little sluggish over time. I'm so not motivated to doctor the phone right now...

Anyone had the same/similar problem?

Edit: Attached var/log/messages in Pre3 not playing music anymore
    Last edited by MikeDeWitt; 12/20/2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: correction
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    weird try installing that touchvol app from preware I just saw it .. it tells you all the volume levels for each mode ...
    I had the almost the same with überkernel. Not sure it's releated to ük but since I went back to stock it never happened again.
    For me a reboot and ük remove fixed the sound problem.
  4.    #4  
    As expected before installing TouchVol, it is not a problem with the volume. Songs don't even start to play so I guess something is blocking...
  5.    #5  
    Now on stock kernel, problem still there.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    id re-doctor it
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Try the pulse audio restarter?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    Try the pulse audio restarter?
    It is NOT a problem with the audio as you are expecting. All applications that play sound (music app, remix, you tube or even the ring tone at the selection) are not even starting to play. They are trying and show the waiting loop or you always see 00:00 as the current position of the song

Couldn't figure it out by now...
    When I had that problem not even the volume indicator shows up when you reduce or increase the volume with the rocker.
  10.    #10  
    Volume indicator works as usual, tried some games and they do play sound. Started the interactive audio test and everything was ok except the stereo headset test. Couldn't hear anything. Maybe this information reminds someone of a solution?

The last thing I did when it was working on saturday afternoon was listening to songs via grooveshark using the stock earphones...
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDeWitt View Post
    Started the interactive audio test and everything was ok except the stereo headset test. Couldn't hear anything. Maybe this information reminds someone of a solution?
    This sounds like the problem with the headset/headphone jack?
    The Ghastly Headset - for those of us with handsets stuck in headset mode!
    Headphone Jack PROBLEM!!
    No sound from headphone jack.
    headphone jack stopped working
    Request: Patch to disable headphone jack on Pre
  12.    #12  
    I was reading posts about it but my speaker works fine, just can't play any "media" sounds. Will investigate further.
    I was reading posts about it but my speaker works fine, just can't play any "media" sounds. Will investigate further.
    Yes from your first posts it doesn't sound like that. I have no idea what the problem is.
    Did you try reading /var/log/messages with e.g. lumberjack? Maybe you find something there.
    If Youtube and Grooveshark don't load, it sound like they might be getting blocked. Have you installed any of the blocker patches (Ad Blocker and Max Blocker)?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    If Youtube and Grooveshark don't load, it sound like they might be getting blocked. Have you installed any of the blocker patches (Ad Blocker and Max Blocker)?
    Had Ad Blocker installed. Uninstall did not solve the problem. Will dig into the messages log.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    right now is great time to re doctor since the new doctor dropped today and all
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    right now is great time to re doctor since the new doctor dropped today and all
    Already considered it, but I use some apps which I can't backup with saverestore...

Here is an extract from my messages log attached. I have no clue what I should look for.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MikeDeWitt; 12/20/2011 at 03:30 AM.
    I am experiencing exactly the same problem, it simply doesn't play the ringtones (which are as you know mp3). Tried sticking a wav version in instead, still won't play although it looks like it is, no error or anything just no sounds except system sounds.

Did you find a resolution that didn't involve electronically 'dismantling' the device?

I use this device primarily as a Phone so it not ringing is a big problem but not one that I feel I should have to re-program my whole handset to solve.

Ramble ramble panic – help!

Thanks
  19.    #19  
    Are you able to listen to your ring tones at the ring tone selection? I mean do you see that the song is played (e.g. the bar gets blue over time)?
    Last edited by MikeDeWitt; 12/20/2011 at 09:01 AM.
    Are you able to listen to your ring tones at the ring tone selection? I mean do you see that the song is played (e.g. the bar gets blue over time)?
    In the ringtone selector, I tap on the blue square with an arrow in it assoaciated with the ringtone I want to hear, this changes to display a square, no sound comes out. I have to tap again to change the sqaure back to an arrow. Not sure what you mean about a blue bar getting blue over time sorry.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast