Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #41  
    Just discovered today: The camera app is also not working, very strange where all this comes from. Looking forward to the doctor I hope I can save my text messages somehow...
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    do a profile back up and your texts will be restored... and call logs
    I have exactly the same problems on my pre2. Taking a picture will gave me an error saying "Unable to a take picture" when it try to save that image. Interestingly, although dragging the ringtone volume slider, the sound isn't working. Dragging the system volume slide, the sound works.

P.S. Doctoring plus all other erasing options don't work. I've even sent it off for a repair and it came back with the same problems.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboxxer View Post
    P.S. Doctoring plus all other erasing options don't work. I've even sent it off for a repair and it came back with the same problems.
    This doesn't sound promising to me will doctor in the next days. Where did you buy it? Mine is from palm eurostore and they did exchange it in October due to a hardware problem. If this still exists after doctoring I will mail customer relations.
  5.    #45  
    And now the proof after doctoring: still the same problems. Already sent a mail to palm eurostore. Will see what/when they answer.

Btw: is it save to use my pre 3 palm profile on a pre 2 (app compatibility, etc.)?
    It will only download the apps that are compatible with the device you are using it on
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDeWitt View Post
    And now the proof after doctoring: still the same problems. Already sent a mail to palm eurostore. Will see what/when they answer.

Btw: is it save to use my pre 3 palm profile on a pre 2 (app compatibility, etc.)?
    was just coming back to post that the update didn't fix the problem but now my camera doesn't work anymore. Was very disappointed to see that the doctor didn't work either. Time to send it back I fear

merry christmas!
  8.    #48  
    Got it to work again! I did a complete wipe, seems like something got "stuck" on the usb partition. Did a full erase and now everything is back to normal, so happy
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Congrats and thanks for the update.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  10.    #50  
    Well and if you are an *****, reinstall all your homebrew apps by hand and after that copy back your old data to the device you might end up with the same problem (oh crap, thought I'd have to do this all over again).

After deleting the folders and restarting the phone it's working again. So you might solve this problem by simply backup and delete folders in media/internal.
    Last edited by MikeDeWitt; 12/24/2011 at 04:08 PM.
    Had this issue on my Pre3 as well after the 2.2.4 update, tried EPR with no luck, so went for a doctor, also with no luck. In the end I copied everything off the USB partition, restarted the phone, and copied it back, and it seems happy, so it looks like that is a reliable fix for it.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Exact same problem on my wife's Pre3. Any app that involves playing sound would not work - wouldnt even start playing. also the camera wouldnt start. I searched and didnt find this thread so started my own but got too impatient and sent to the doctor. As has been reported here, doctor doesn't fix this issue. then as was suggested here, did a full erase and that fixed the problem. now i'm going to put all pics & music back on and install preware/patches again and see what happens.
    For those who still got that exact same problem:

I had it too. Yesterday my phone turned off by itself. When I turned it back on, the camera wasnt working (noticed it because it was new years eve and I wanted to take some pictures). When I wanted to go home, I plugged my headphones in but couldnt play anything from my local files in spotify.

What I did now was the thing my two previous postes already said:

I just made a "Erase USB Drive"

And now everything seems to work fine again. Maybe there is a even faster way but this did help me!

UPDATE: After a couple of hours the problem came back. The only thing I did was to connect my phone to my home wifi and let it sync with spotify, i.e. to automatically copy some tracks onto the phone (some tracks were from the spotify database and some were from my local harddrive off my laptop).
    I also copied manually some ringtones, ebooks and pictues back to the phone. It all seem to work, so I just layed the phone to the side and let it sync with spotify. And now I wanted to check again and its not working. So I erased the USB again and now its working again. This time I wont let it sync with spotify, see if it helps
    What could cause such a problem?
    Last edited by 2nd_Street; 01/01/2012 at 09:59 AM.
    I just had this problem on my phone as well, a Pre 2.
    It had been very slow and laggy suddenly for the last few weeks. I haven't installed any apps or patches recently so I found that a bit strange. I unistalled Uberkernal and Govnah, but that didn't help.
    A couple of days ago the camera suddenly stopped working, then MP3's didn't play anymore (nothing: music, DrPodder, Ringtones etc.)

The only thing I've been doing a lot with my phone recently is take pictures. I noticed I had almost 1000 images in my photo roll. I deleted about 50 of them, reset my phone, and everything seems to be fine again!

Could it have something to do with folders that are too large and the operating system can't handle it somehow?

Hope this will help other people with a similar issue.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I have had this problem twice I'm the past 6 months . Both times copy all the folders to the desktop and deleting the dame on the pre 3 then copying files back fixed the problem with a reboot. There is something that corrupts but no idea what it is, someone with a higher level might have a solution that fixes it more appropriately.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123