Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    logging out of Skype and instant messaging more than doubles my battery life.
    If only the Pre3 does it the TouchPad way... I want Google Talk on but I want Skype off, yet I don't want to remove my Skype account.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I find that true of my Yahoo messenger account, but GTalk doesn't seem to be a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I really hope you're not talking about the HTC Titan from 4 years ago running WM6.5.... if so that is a MAJOR downgrade, pick up a Pre 2 on the cheap.
    Haha no..the new HTC titan I'm sure that recently just came out! Huge screen. Great specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I really hope you're not talking about the HTC Titan from 4 years ago running WM6.5.... if so that is a MAJOR downgrade, pick up a Pre 2 on the cheap.
    I'm pretty sure he means the new HTC Titan with Windows Phone 7.5 and that oversized 4.7" display.
    If your on Sprint, I would just upgrade to an iPhone 4S and wait it out for a WebOS port. It will be a while but I guarantee you the 4S will be one of the first ports.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    I seriously considered leaving Sprint for Verizon in order to use a Pre3. I just couldn't justify changing carriers and paying more for the service from what I'm paying now.

Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    I only wish Sprint had the Pre3. I would have upgraded. I'm stuck now with the Pre and moving to Android ICS soon.
    I just switched this week from my FrankenPre2. It's nice having fresh hardware and I really like having a number of Apps that I really wanted/needed to have.

Everybody knows the UI is a huge change and I don't care to much for it compared to webOS. If I had never been on webOS, I wouldn't have known to expect more from UI.

I am disappointed by the lack of a quality app for Twitter and Facebook. It's like Droid relies on multiple apps/widgets that were all integrated into one for webOS. I am disappointed on how some functionality works beyond UI.

I found it funny that there's a few games NOT on Droid like Risk and Battleship that has wasted hours of my life. Oh - the Angry Birds apps are truly free, but they have these huge annoying ad banners at the top. I can't seem to find a way to buy Angry Birds, so it looks like I'm stuck with annoying ad banners... wth

I sincerely hope webOS comes back strong for both phones & tablets.
    War Eagle!
    This. I tried my Pre2 just logged into Skype, otherwise idling, yesterday. Ran between 6 and 7 hours. Normal run time at idling, is around 15 hours.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Love my Pre 3 , took a bit of tweaking to get the battery life how i wanted it but its great now and i have no regrets selling the samsung galaxy 2.
    My pre 3 managed to last over 24 hours on one charge the other day...mental.
    Note that i did have uber kernal and govnah installed but this caused me loads of problems so uninstalled both of them now the pre 3 is running perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    My pre3 is running great. I have it overclocked, but limited when the screen is off. I am getting good battery life, all day, using as needed, which is often, I got 60ish% when I get home in the evening.

I really have all the software I really need on it. If I want to do word processing or remote desktop I use a screen big enough to accomodate my almost 60 year old eyes. (hint: Touchpad). My only app-envy is the apple app that will llisten to a piece of music and tell you what it is.

All in all, its a great phone. Its really a shame that HP completely screwed up the marketing. I hope open source generates some hardware interest in the phone market.

BTW Agendaz is nice, thanks.
    Workaround for the app that will listen to a piece of music and tell you what it is (install cyanogenmod android (20 mins if you haven't done it before and are good at following instructions, reboot into android(<1 min), launch Shazaam, identify song, reboot into webos (~2min), listen to song on grooveshark in touchpad browser)

That's all CM7 is good for actually - power apps, browsing and multitasking gives me the creeeps.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    If only the Pre3 does it the TouchPad way... I want Google Talk on but I want Skype off, yet I don't want to remove my Skype account.
    Wasn't one of sconix' advanced patches made that happen on phones (selectively turn on/off different messaging accounts?). I couldn't get it to work on my pre, but at the time I needed OCS plugin more than i needed the ability to turn it on/off by itself)
    Is Shazaam working on CM7@TP? For me it isn't.
    its great having verizon's Grandfather "unlimited" data plan. im eating up 4+gb a month, without any overages. using the F()()K out of freetether, .. and i have 4 email accounts set to "as they come in" .. yeah i have 20% battery warnings, at like 1130 at night.. today i sent about 200 texts and was on the phone for about 1 hour total... and i have 37% left. ... NO DOCTORING of the battery consumption, uber, running also. with all the necessary "tweaks" to make it run better.
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
    Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    Regarding music identification it can be done and this is how it works.

Track ID was the first app to do such a thing on Sony Ericssons, long before Shazam or any Apple App Store app. It would record an audio sample then submit the piece to the largest music data base located in San Francisco for wave comparison.

I think something like that is quite possible on Pre 3.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12