Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Does anyone know where this sound is located? I just wanna manually browse to it and replace it with a blank sound.
    thanks
    samsung sgh-e317 --> iPhone 2g --> Blackberry Pearl --> iPhone 2g --> iPhone 3g --> Blackberry Curve 8310 --> Palm Pre + --> Palm Pre 3/ iPhone 4/HD2
    If you don't want it to make a sound, there is a preference setting in the "Text Assist" app. Just switch the "Alert" setting from System Sound to Mute.
    There is a setting in the "Text Assist" app that alows you to mute the system sound on this alert.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thanks a million.
    On a side note. i do like manually browsing my device. does anyone know where system sounds are actually located?
    samsung sgh-e317 --> iPhone 2g --> Blackberry Pearl --> iPhone 2g --> iPhone 3g --> Blackberry Curve 8310 --> Palm Pre + --> Palm Pre 3/ iPhone 4/HD2
    I believe that the autocorrect sound is /usr/palm/sounds/notification.wav

'find' is very handy for poking around:

cd /
    find . -name "*.wav"
    find . -name "*.mp*"

perhaps redirect to a file for browsing on your PC...

edc
    In case anyone else finds this, after a bit of digging I also found some PCM files in:

/usr/share/systemsounds
    You'll need something like Audacity to import the files, as they are raw data and can't be played in much else.

I should also mention that renaming a file in this folder, "sysmgr_alert.pcm" fixed an annoying bug where the phone would play two notification sounds (one after the other) when a message was received.
    Last edited by Isandunk; 03/22/2012 at 09:05 PM.
    See this thread for detailed info on converting sound files.

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...tmf-audio.html
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by Isandunk View Post
    In case anyone else finds this, after a bit of digging I also found some PCM files in:

You'll need something like Audacity to import the files, as they are raw data and can't be played in much else.

I should also mention that renaming a file in this folder, "sysmgr_alert.pcm" fixed an annoying bug where the phone would play two notification sounds (one after the other) when a message was received.
    Sorry to revive this after so long but I am dealing with the same issue, and I cannot find this file. There is NO USR folder that I can find in my Pre 3...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidecutter View Post
    Sorry to revive this after so long but I am dealing with the same issue, and I cannot find this file. There is NO USR folder that I can find in my Pre 3...
    How are you looking for it? You won't see it on your PC, as only /media/internal is mounted in USB mode. You have to shell in to the device either using Novaterm/ssh or via a terminal app like wTerm on-device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    How are you looking for it? You won't see it on your PC, as only /media/internal is mounted in USB mode. You have to shell in to the device either using Novaterm/ssh or via a terminal app like wTerm on-device.
    Well, crap. I'll look into that. Never gone that far with my device yet, closest I've used is the tools for installing Preware.