webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Pre3 autocorrect sounds
Pre3 autocorrect sounds

Old 12/14/2011, 04:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Does anyone know where this sound is located? I just wanna manually browse to it and replace it with a blank sound.
thanks
Old 12/14/2011, 10:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

If you don't want it to make a sound, there is a preference setting in the "Text Assist" app. Just switch the "Alert" setting from System Sound to Mute.
dhkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: greg787
Old 12/14/2011, 10:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

There is a setting in the "Text Assist" app that alows you to mute the system sound on this alert.
dhkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/2011, 08:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks a million.
On a side note. i do like manually browsing my device. does anyone know where system sounds are actually located?
Old 12/15/2011, 03:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

I believe that the autocorrect sound is /usr/palm/sounds/notification.wav

'find' is very handy for poking around:

cd /
find . -name "*.wav"
find . -name "*.mp*"

perhaps redirect to a file for browsing on your PC...

edc
chejlava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/22/2012, 08:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

In case anyone else finds this, after a bit of digging I also found some PCM files in:

Quote:
/usr/share/systemsounds
You'll need something like Audacity to import the files, as they are raw data and can't be played in much else.

I should also mention that renaming a file in this folder, "sysmgr_alert.pcm" fixed an annoying bug where the phone would play two notification sounds (one after the other) when a message was received.

Last edited by Isandunk; 03/22/2012 at 09:05 PM.
Isandunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/23/2012, 12:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

See this thread for detailed info on converting sound files.

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...tmf-audio.html
Old 12/26/2012, 03:37 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isandunk View Post
In case anyone else finds this, after a bit of digging I also found some PCM files in:

You'll need something like Audacity to import the files, as they are raw data and can't be played in much else.

I should also mention that renaming a file in this folder, "sysmgr_alert.pcm" fixed an annoying bug where the phone would play two notification sounds (one after the other) when a message was received.
Sorry to revive this after so long but I am dealing with the same issue, and I cannot find this file. There is NO USR folder that I can find in my Pre 3...
Sidecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 09:35 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecutter View Post
Sorry to revive this after so long but I am dealing with the same issue, and I cannot find this file. There is NO USR folder that I can find in my Pre 3...
How are you looking for it? You won't see it on your PC, as only /media/internal is mounted in USB mode. You have to shell in to the device either using Novaterm/ssh or via a terminal app like wTerm on-device.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/28/2012, 04:59 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
How are you looking for it? You won't see it on your PC, as only /media/internal is mounted in USB mode. You have to shell in to the device either using Novaterm/ssh or via a terminal app like wTerm on-device.
Well, crap. I'll look into that. Never gone that far with my device yet, closest I've used is the tools for installing Preware.
Sidecutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0