Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TopTongueBarry
  • 1 Post By pogeypre
  1.    #1  
    I know, you all already know this, but i just think it's funny how on the HP site it says Verizon and AT&T. It's here: Palm - Live Chat
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    I know, you all already know this, but i just think it's funny how on the HP site it says Verizon and AT&T. It's here: Palm - Live Chat
    Well yeah... We're using AT&T and Verizon Branded HP Pre 3s.
  3.    #3  
    Well yeah... but, those weren't meant for us..
    Who was my phone for ? Satan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead777 View Post
    Who was my phone for ? Satan?
    Yup, they were all designed and built for exclusive use by Leo Apotheker .....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I think he meant that those Pre 3's were sold internally and then resold externally. In essence, not intended for 'us', but they made it here anyway.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    I think he meant that those Pre 3's were sold internally and then resold externally. In essence, not intended for 'us', but they made it here anyway.
    Yeah, I got that and also saw another opportunity to throw a jab leo's way!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    cobrakon likes this.
    I am certainly not saying that the jab wasn't warranted.

I have replaced the word 'sucked' in my vocab with 'Apotheker'.

It also works many other occasions. For example:

Instead of saying 'Air Ball, Air Ball' when the ball fails to touch anything, say "Apoooothhheeeekkkkkeeeerrrr, Apoooothhheeeekkkkkeeeerrrr".

Or

When your child who is potty training has an accident on the new rug, simply clean up the Apotheker.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

cobrakon likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    I am certainly not saying that the jab wasn't warranted.

I have replaced the word 'sucked' in my vocab with 'Apothekar'.

It also works many other occasions. For example:
    Instead of saying 'Air Ball, Air Ball' when the ball fails to touch anything, say "Apoooothhheeeekkkkkaaarrrr, Apoooothhheeeekkkkkaaarrrr".
    Or
    When your child who is potty training has an accident on the new rug, simply clean up the Apothekar.
    Thanks to Leo, I've discovered the only word containing another certain three letter word that isn't censored anywhere (so far)

How did Leo help? He's a dufASS! He didn't need to do very much ...
    I doubt HP actually thought that all those phones would remain in the hands of HP employees or their immediate families. Selling them that way was just a (possibly) legal way of selling them off without having to support them further and without needing much cooperation from the carriers other than getting Verizon to accept the handful of MEID's into their system. They very well knew the vast majority would find their way to the general public, and that's what they wanted to happen. If HP *really* didn't want the phones in 'our' hands, they would have just sent them all to the e-waste recycler.
    I didn't see it personally, but others told me that after us lucky insiders stopped buying the AT&T Pre3s that were in the Palm store in Sunnyvale they were offered to the general public, plus there were Pre3 available in Europe & the UK.

I'm assuming that they didn't last long - there were people buying $30,000 worth of the AT&T Veers at one time, and it was more than just one real fan.

The unlucky guy who got the man the store (one guy did it all) told me that he was doing roughly $1M per week! (That's at $50 to $75 per phone!!)

edc