Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    1. Is there a flashlight application that lets you use the torch on the back?

2. When sending emails, I need to be able to add multiple images quickly but I appear to only be able to add at a time which is time consuming. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by harry543 View Post
    1. Is there a flashlight application that lets you use the torch on the back?

LED Torch on Preware.

sorry, don't know about the second
    So you need something but already have the device? And now asking how it's possible?
    I usually do it the opposite way.
    If I need something I check out all possibilities to find the solution that fits to my needs.
  4.    #4  
    Yes but I just love the pre 3 design. I assumed that it would have been easier to add multiple images to emails
    best bet for flashlight would be one of the top bar patches that adds the flashlight to your top bar drop down menu for quick easy access . I love it !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I use Jason Robitaille's flashlight app, and love it. I keep the flashlight icon in my taskbar so i can flip it on whenever I need it. Variable brightness, toggle from within the app, all-around pretty UI.

BTW, once you patch the 3, it's pretty awesome.
  7.    #7  
    what does patch mean?
    I am not bad computers but useless with phones.

what does this do to the phone?
    here go read up on homebrew apps and patches
    http://m.webosnation.com/getting-sta...-quick-install
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    what does patch mean?
    I am not bad computers but useless with phones.

what does this do to the phone?
    Shadavis08 gave you a very good link how to do it, but I think it didn't answer your question.
    A patch usual changes something already exist. Since a lot of (part of) apps are written in HTML/javascript/CSS which is readable text, you can write a "patch" which changes this code while you install it.
    An app will be a new piece of runnable code you add to the system, and you usually have an icon so you can start it.
    A patch is basically a way of inserting extra functionality into the software. It's possible on webOS because it uses interpreted rather than compiled code.

I guess your biggest question is "is this safe?". Luckily the webOSinternals team that support this through preware have gone above and beyond to make it almost ***** proof.

Best of all is that it seems unlike other operating systems there is almost nothing you can do to 'brick' a Pre. The worst case is that you have to download the webOS doctor from HP. This will restore your phone back to factory defaults.
    There's no app or gallery that let you multi select pictures than send/share them via email or an app?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
  12.    #12  
    No, I can't find any, frustrating
  13.    #13  
    I also can't see an option to delete all/multiple photos in the photos. This is a joke, is this avoidable?

thanksguys
    nope no joke . If you want to delete all or a whole bunch . You can either, A) build a patch for that , Be) or hook up to your computer and open the wallpaper or dcim or whatever folder you need to open to delet all or as many as needed .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  15.    #15  
    Can I hook up wirelessly to my computer and do it?
  16.    #16  
    And I would pay someone to build a patch for it as I have no idea. Or is this too hard to do?
    not for this method of deleting a large amount of pic or wall papers .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Can I hook up wirelessly to my computer and do it?
    That should work. I use ssh but if you are the windows guy you can use winSCP. Not yo easy to setup.
    Much more easy is "WiFI TP FIle Browser". I think you can delete photos from your pc there (not sure as I don't use it much)
  19.    #19  
    oh man, this stuff is way too advanced.

seriously though, i thought selecting all pictures and deleting them would be a basic option in the phone!!
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    it is. You just have to select one at a time, doesn't get any simple than that. More than one at a time then you getting advanced!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast