Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Do you have any flashlight app/patch installed. If so does flashlight still work?
    Yes, I have the led torch app installed and works fine.
    The exact same problem happened to me twice, both times the only thing that worked for me was rebooting the phone. Hopefully it won't be a case of third time lucky for me..
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    It seems to have something to do with card view from looking at the error logs from lumberjack. I can get it to briefly show the normal screen by repeatedly going in and out of card view. What that means, no one seems to know. And it started off being an intermittent problem and then turned into a permanent failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    The exact same problem happened to me twice, both times the only thing that worked for me was rebooting the phone. Hopefully it won't be a case of third time lucky for me..
    I also recall something in the logs about cleanup, maybe that's why a reset sometimes fixes it.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I think there is no immediate solution to the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by anhvu View Post
    Thank you Andreas.
    I do the same and fixed both of front & back camera.
    After that, I created a new folder and copy back images to this folder, all cameras still working
    Impressive. You guys are geniuses. My phone one day had the problem with the camera and also music files would not play. Lucky for me I have a spare Pre-3 because I depend on the music player. A few minutes ago, I copied the contents from the DCIM folder to a new one I created (DCIM2), rebooted the phone and everything works. Amazing! This forum is great. So many of my issues have been resolved here. Thanks a million!
    Hi everyone - just to add that I too hit this pre3 camera issue on my device a few days ago.

The 'move DCIM, move it back then reboot' approach worked for me.

Now I think on it, the camera stopped working after I had deleted a whole bunch of old photos from this folder.

I wonder if it is anything to do with the Media Indexer that sometimes plays-up? Perhaps the camera app tries to scan for existing image media during initialisation and gets stuck?

Anyhow, works again now, so thanks for the support!

M.
    undefined

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Been bugging me for ages this, why didn't I look earlier?

Simply renamed 'DCIM' to something else, rebooted & camera was back!

Earlier post did make me think, recently I had tidied up a few photos. Not that I take many, is usually spur of the moment things or when my other half says 'oooh, I quite like that..'

There is an app to "touch" all the media which can fix it...
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    There is an app to "touch" all the media which can fix it...
    Media indexer refresh
    By Metaview
    Available in preware

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123