Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bbonline View Post
    Thank you for replying! I did webOS doctor with no luck. And no, the front camera doesn't work either. Do you think it's software related?
    Have you tried running the hardware tests provided in the dropdown menu of "Device Info"? I don't think there is a camera test, but it might tell you if something else is wrong that might be affecting it like the memory or something. Try redownloading the doctor in case the one you currently are using is corrupt. The other solution might be to extract the camera app file on your PC from the doctor and replace the corrupt app file on your phone (if it turns out to be software related). In theory, running the doctor should do that anyway, but it worked for some of my corrupt app files before.
    Last edited by matteebee13; 03/13/2012 at 10:59 AM.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbonline View Post
    Thank you for replying! I did webOS doctor with no luck. And no, the front camera doesn't work either. Do you think it's software related?
    Did you nuke and recreate the file structure like in the posts I linked to?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    what I did with success:
    I moved all pictures from DCIM to a new folder. And after a reset the camera works again

Andreas
    CAV AV8R, anhvu and Novaldex like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by boehma55 View Post
    what I did with success:
    I moved all pictures from DCIM to a new folder. And after a reset the camera works again

Andreas
    thank you andreas,

i had a similar problem.. the camera stopped functioning and the battery was draining drastically for some weird reason. also, my ringtones had changed. i tried all the restarts + tests + remove battery etc without effect.

then i found your post and tried it... moved all pics from dcim into laptop (out of phone). after a reset, all was well again (camera + ringtones + battery drain).

you saved my pre2. thank you.
    Babywipez likes this.
    Removing the Muffle System Logging patch got my Pre 2's camera working again, yay! It had been exhibiting all of the flashing symptoms mentioned in this thread after I'd done the OTA upgrade to 2.2.4. For extra added joy, during the Franken-Pre-ing process I managed to damage the flash so that trying to set it to "on" or "auto" would cause the same set of symptoms. I can manage without a flash, but I'd missed my phone's camera terribly these last 5 months (too busy to be able to take the time to re-doctor or otherwise mess with the phone's s/w).
    Sorry I was away for the last few months, but my camera is still not working. I have tried to download a different webOS doctor, but nothing has changed. It still won't let me access any camera. I haven't tried to nuke the system and recreate the file structure as suggested. I would like more of a step-by-step on how to do that so I don't mess it up. Please help. Thank you!
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    @bbonline, if you're referring to how I fixed mine, I can help you, but like I posted above, I have no idea why this fixed it, so I'm unsure if it's not just a coincidence. I also don't know what consequences or risks the command might have. If you can accept all that, then here we go:

1. backup your phone (using the Backup app, and save/restore, then copy the save/restore directory off the phone and onto a computer) since this procedure will delete EVERYTHING, including /media/internal
    2. use WebOSQuickInstall (under tools) or Novaterm (you can download this, or find it on the SDK) to get a command line to your phone
    3. type "mkfs.msdos /dev/mapper/store-media" and hit enter
    4. Doctor your phone (hold the volume up when powering on to get USB mode)

All ok, or should I detail any of those steps above?
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Something is up when playing any time of music. If I open the music app, music shuts off and the camera app gets stuck. Have to do a re-start, and all works fine.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    what I did with success:

Andreas
    WOW, you ROCK!!!!!

Had the EXACT same problem, and the same problem the other guy had where all my text ringtones changed too. I took the file under the DCIM (something 100, whatever) renamed it and moved it to the pictures folder on the phone. restarted and VIOLA!!!!! Camera works and ringtones are back!!!

note: i did not try to doctor yet or anything else beyond soft or hard restart and this worked perfectly!!!!

THANKS!!!!
    Muffle System Logging was the issue. I tried the DCIM folder move and that had no effect. Remove patch and perfect!
    what I did with success:

Andreas
    Fantastic thanks, I moved the DCIM/100PALM folder (with a 1000+ photos) to pictures/100PALM and restarted and my camera is working perfectly again.
    Thank you.

For the infomation of those not in the know:

I used xTerm to do the move:
    Code:
    cd /media/internal
    mkdir pictures
    mv DCIM/100PALM pictures/
    you can also do this with a "Graphical File manager" such as Internalz Pro.
    Oliveti D1000 --> Psion 3 --> Psion 3c.
    Palm III --> Palm 650 --> Palm Treo 680 --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pixi Plus --> HP Pre 3 / HP Veer. / Touchpad
    what I did with success:

Andreas
    Thank you Andreas.
    I do the same and fixed both of front & back camera.
    After that, I created a new folder and copy back images to this folder, all cameras still working
    Last edited by anhvu; 04/25/2013 at 11:52 PM.
    Treo 650>Pre3
    noticed pre 3 att 2.2.4 (many apps, many patches) not ringing
    & music app broken (kalem worked fine, however)
    & camera apps not working
    used dev info tests = all OK
    reset logging #*5647# to stock
    moved 100PALM & Music folder contents to new folder in DCIM using archive manager
    reset = no joy
    removed muffle system logging patch
    Luna restart = all fixed

put on muffle patch = all broken
    took it off & luna restart = all good

I have had that patch on for years with no trouble....

what the heck ??
    When I has some problems like that, I has a corrupted sound in my Preł, and I was thinking that was ...

I suggest that you copy all your media (sound & pics) to some pc, erase all this media from your Preł and try restore after...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    I tried a lot of fixes with files, etc. which worked temporarily, eventually nothing works anymore
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    You can try the app 'the ghasty headset', the app help with sound problems. My camera does not work on my Pre3. I formated the data-storage, new install with webos-doctor. I think, it is a hardware defect.
    Last edited by bert2000; 10/29/2014 at 04:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I found no solution for the Pre3-camera. I formated the store-media partition. I full erase all data with reset-options. I tried the webos-doctor. Today I change the camera-module from another Pre3, the result is the same, the camera-app is not workling. Perhaps is the Pre3-mainboard defective. All other hardware functions work perfectly.

Has someone an idea what can I try?
    Yeah, gave up on camera after trying various fixes. Just gonna have to get a new phone. I would be pissed if someone find the problem after I change the phone
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    The front camera also does not work, I think this is not a hardware error.
    Quote Originally Posted by bert2000 View Post
    The front camera also does not work, I think this is not a hardware error.
    Do you have any flashlight app/patch installed. If so does flashlight still work?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast