1.    #1  
    Hello,

Just been playing around with my new Pre and I LOVE it. However,
    there are some things I noticed. Here it goes:

1) Bluetooth transfers. I have read that it's not possible to receive or
    send files through bluetooth. Is there a patch or anything that could fix this?
    2) App catalog doesn't work. I use wifi and have data connection disabled. When it
    tries to connect to it, I get "The action could not be completed. Try again later." or some message about connection not available.
    3) When I click on the notification bar, the date format is shown rather than the date itself,
    all I see is "Fri 2011 '16'. MMMM d '9'.", what should I change to fix this?
    4) Contact deletion. I can only delete the contact when I open it and select 'delete' from
    the dropdown list. Is there any setting to enable 'swipe to the side to delete'?
    5) Where can I get original Pre theme? Or is it just wallpapers?
    6) Screen protector. I have seen PDair, Skinomi, Vikuti.. Which one to choose? I have read about zagg too, is it worth paying 25$ for full protection?

Sorry for such a long post, I hope you guys will understand me.
    1) Nope...
    2) Did you activate the phone using the usual first use way and created / logged in with a palm profile the default way? The app cat works with wifi only, too. I'm very sure I tried that on some of my devices (not necessarily the Pre3, tough, but definitively also 2.x).. the app cat is a bit nasty from time to time... so maybe??
    3) There is something wrong....? For me the Pre3 gets the time from the GSM network... did you never have a connection to cellular network? Maybe that's a problem then.
    4) Not that I know... I also don't think that there is a patch for that, but it should be possible to patch.
    5) If you had a 1.4.* Pre then the look is main difference in the look is, because you now have webos 2.2.X and it just looks different. But the wallpaper changed, too... I would not suggest using the Pre one, because of the different resolution. But it should be easy to find a wallpaper in 800x480, because it's the usual resolution for smartphones for some years now.
    6) I don't use a protector on my device, because the gorilla glass is pretty scratch resistent and I don't like how the protectors modify the touch & feel and also the look... but that's just my personal feeling.
  3.    #3  
    2) Yes, I had to create HP webOS account, if that's what you mean?
    3) Hmm, I don't know about this one, everything seems to be working.. I can send and receive sms/calls, so I guess it isn't the problem?.

Also, I forgot to mention one more thing - the phone restarts after plugging in headphones, which comes with the phone.. This also happens when I plug in my old Nokia headset, but not with the big ones I use at the pc. Have this ever happened to anybody?
    Oh, and could someone recommend nice ringtone? Default one is quite ugly.. And the rest aren't much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    1) Nope...
    2) Did you activate the phone using the usual first use way and created / logged in with a palm profile the default way? The app cat works with wifi only, too. I'm very sure I tried that on some of my devices (not necessarily the Pre3, tough, but definitively also 2.x).. the app cat is a bit nasty from time to time... so maybe??
    3) There is something wrong....? For me the Pre3 gets the time from the GSM network... did you never have a connection to cellular network? Maybe that's a problem then.
    Last edited by yellox; 12/09/2011 at 10:32 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Anyone?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yellox View Post
    Hello,

Just been playing around with my new Pre and I LOVE it. However,
    there are some things I noticed. Here it goes:

1) Bluetooth transfers. I have read that it's not possible to receive or
    send files through bluetooth. Is there a patch or anything that could fix this?
    2) App catalog doesn't work. I use wifi and have data connection disabled. When it
    tries to connect to it, I get "The action could not be completed. Try again later." or some message about connection not available.
    3) When I click on the notification bar, the date format is shown rather than the date itself,
    all I see is "Fri 2011 '16'. MMMM d '9'.", what should I change to fix this?
    4) Contact deletion. I can only delete the contact when I open it and select 'delete' from
    the dropdown list. Is there any setting to enable 'swipe to the side to delete'?
    5) Where can I get original Pre theme? Or is it just wallpapers?
    6) Screen protector. I have seen PDair, Skinomi, Vikuti.. Which one to choose? I have read about zagg too, is it worth paying 25$ for full protection?

Sorry for such a long post, I hope you guys will understand me.
    I might be able to help with some of your q's:

1) I've been able to receive files sent from my PC by bluetooth to my Pre3 without any patches/issues. I haven't seen the function to send files from the Pre3 by bluetooth. I haven't seen a patch for this. You can request this on the Patch threads?

2) Have you tried creating a new profile and logging in on the phone? there might be a problem with your profile that's restricting your app catalog access.

3) Might be a problem with a patch that modifies that area. Have you run Preware to see if any patches are installed that change the items displayed in that area?

4) Good suggestion for a patch. I don't delete contacts that often.

5) Have you checked the Themes threads? The wallpapers should be available at the minimum.

6) I use the Skinomi full body protection...a major pain to apply, I wasn't able to do this perfectly on my Pre3. Changes the look quite a bit, hasn't affected my usability, though I still need to wipe away fingerprints. Btw...while the screen is quite tough, it can still crack.

The headphones issue sounds really odd. I haven't had an issue like that with any of the headphones I've used. have you tried doctoring the phone?
  6.    #6  
    2) I tried using impostah to create a new profile and now it shows 'App catalog country = US' but still the same. Tried rebooting several times - nothing. Is there any logs that I could take a look at?

3) Yes. Now I have installed menu mix patch (or something like that) and have date as a carrier string, so that is fixed.

5) I'll check there.

6) Damn it, one of the main reasons I wanted protection for was the fingerprints all over the phone.

I'll try doctoring it. It may resolve app catalog issue too.

EDIT:
    Here is the ringtone compilation, if anyone interested.

Quote Originally Posted by mocarey View Post
    I might be able to help with some of your q's:

1) I've been able to receive files sent from my PC by bluetooth to my Pre3 without any patches/issues. I haven't seen the function to send files from the Pre3 by bluetooth. I haven't seen a patch for this. You can request this on the Patch threads?

2) Have you tried creating a new profile and logging in on the phone? there might be a problem with your profile that's restricting your app catalog access.

3) Might be a problem with a patch that modifies that area. Have you run Preware to see if any patches are installed that change the items displayed in that area?

4) Good suggestion for a patch. I don't delete contacts that often.

5) Have you checked the Themes threads? The wallpapers should be available at the minimum.

6) I use the Skinomi full body protection...a major pain to apply, I wasn't able to do this perfectly on my Pre3. Changes the look quite a bit, hasn't affected my usability, though I still need to wipe away fingerprints. Btw...while the screen is quite tough, it can still crack.

The headphones issue sounds really odd. I haven't had an issue like that with any of the headphones I've used. have you tried doctoring the phone?
    Last edited by yellox; 12/12/2011 at 09:43 AM.