1.    #1  
    I have a ringtone that I added to my phone and use it for notification of messages. It is not any longer in duration than some of the pre-loaded ringtones. When I'm in the selection screen I can play & stop any ringtone including the one I uploaded. All of the ringtones are being cut short when I receive a text message. They play for maybe 2-3 seconds.
    text and email ringtones do that. that's why there's the "short" version of them
  3.    #3  
    Is there a patch for this? Sometimes it's so short I don't here the notification.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I agree. I miss the notifications because they're way too short. Anyone got a solution? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Body Extreme View Post
    I agree. I miss the notifications because they're way too short. Anyone got a solution? Thanks.
    sconix's Advanced System Prefs patch... adds additional messaging notification preferences such as notification repeat.
    I didn't have time to read through the entire thread but it looks very robust. I checked Preware and the App Catalog but couldn't find it. Any idea where to find it, methods? Thanks.
    Its under Patches/Advanced in Preware.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I didn't have time to read through the entire thread but it looks very robust. I checked Preware and the App Catalog but couldn't find it. Any idea where to find it, methods? Thanks.
    I would also suggest reading the Advanced System Prefs Wiki, it will give installation and usage instructions.
    I found Advanced Configuration for System Preferences but it's not available for WebOS 1.4.1 (which is what I have). Thanks, methods.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I found Advanced Configuration for System Preferences but it's not available for WebOS 1.4.1 (which is what I have). Thanks, methods.

Ahh sorry didn't know you were running v1.4.1 (maybe cause this was posted in Pre 3 forum )
    but if i remember correctly from when i had my Pre- there was a notification repeat patch available and also a patch to make the led button blink...they should be listed in preware under patches>messaging or patches>notifications.Could also try...Open up Preware then just type in "Repeat" or "Blink" then press enter.
    Oops! Didn't realize I was in the Pre 3 forum (I just found the post and thought I'd piggyback on it). I found repeat notifications but it's too pesky (every 2 minutes until...). But thanks again for your help, methods!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hello. If you have any problems with ringtones I advise you go to Mp3 to Ringtones Maker -> Create Your Own Ringtone from MP3 file FREE

Actually you yourself can choose how many seconds your ringtone will call.. It's very easy and simple.