Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Seems to be plenty of chatter about skype but where's the app?! I can't find it on the Pre 3 or the Touchpad, in the AU app catalog. I've been onto Skype's website and requested the download link, which advised Skype Isn't Available For Your Device.

So where'd you all get it from? I'm prepared to look at a different video calling app if necessary but the app catalog doesn't seem to have anything at all.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    after you download it from the app catalog it is in your messaging section .. go to your message app then tap top left and add skype to your messaging accounts then there will be a new tab in your messaging app same with the phone app.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Thanks... but as I said the whole problem is it's not in the app catalog! That was the first (and second) place I looked. Maybe it's not enabled for the Australian app catalog? Odd that Skype's website told me skype wasn't available for my device if they did in fact offer a webOS app...

So if it's not in the App Catalog, how do I get it?
    Go into you Accounts app and add your skype account. Your skype contacts should then show up in the Messaging app.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    In the Accounts app I have:
    AIM
    AT&T Address Book
    Email Account
    Facebook
    Google
    LinkedIn
    Microsoft Exchange
    Photobucket
    Yahoo!
    YouTube
    Find More...

Find More takes me to the App Catalog for HP Synergy Services, which comes back with No Applications Found.

Next...? Or am I missing the bleedingly obvious somewhere here? BTW I have Impostah installed if that is in any way going to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    Seems to be plenty of chatter about skype but where's the app?! I can't find it on the Pre 3 or the Touchpad, in the AU app catalog. I've been onto Skype's website and requested the download link, which advised Skype Isn't Available For Your Device.

So where'd you all get it from? I'm prepared to look at a different video calling app if necessary but the app catalog doesn't seem to have anything at all.
    Hi Gregp.

Unfortunately, Skype may be a Carrier specific issue. I ran a test with two different AT&T Pre 3's, One unlocked (Which would NOT display the app in the catalog) and one LOCKED to AT&T (Which DID display the app in the catalog). Once displayed and installed, you can unlock the phone and the Skype function will remain installed on the phone.

I have heard that some Pre 3's overseas had Skype preinstalled, but here in the states (US) - it appears Hp (Palm) locked the app to AT&T as the only Carrier eligible to display the app in the catalog.

(By the way, I have asked with no success yet many times to Hp/Palm to make the app available to every Carrier via twitter. Maybe they will change this in the future )

Hope this helps
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    So wait.

I have an unlocked at&t, currently on a t-mobile plan. But someone in my family has an at&t sim. If I doctor my phone, activate it with their sim, then throw in my t-mobile sim, can I keep skype on there ?
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Excellent, that worked perfectly. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    im on a EU pre3 which would explain why I have it. thanks for that link^^^