Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    I have seen a few discussions concerning a Pre3 specific touchstone, but no conclusion as to the existence of these. Is this (Europe Pre3 Touchstone) it? Seems like if they had quite a few Pre3's ready to go for AT&T and fewer for Verizon, there would have been some Pre3 specific Touchstones produced. Assuming they are shaped a bit different, and perhaps have something to trigger the localized exhibition mode (unless that is triggered by GPS location), then these must be sitting SOMEwhere! It appears they were not available to the HP employees who got the Pre3's...so maybe they did not exist in the USA yet?

The old ones will charge the Pre3 fine, but it holds it lousy. I know I can file the old one, or add stick on magnets, but would rather have a "proper" one if I can find one.

Anyone have a confirmed Pre3 Touchstone?

Matt
    http://www.precentral.net/precentral...one-audio-dock

Don't know if you missed this article but they do exist. Good luck finding one.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedygodzilla View Post
    http://www.precentral.net/precentral...one-audio-dock

Don't know if you missed this article but they do exist. Good luck finding one.
    Not what he is talking about.... He's talking about the puck style TS.

I have had 1 person claim to have a EU Touchstone that when compared to his previous touchstone is slightly larger. Others have said there is only one size Touchstone.

@the OP, that's all I've got for ya.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Not what he is talking about.... He's talking about the puck style TS.

I have had 1 person claim to have a EU Touchstone that when compared to his previous touchstone is slightly larger. Others have said there is only one size Touchstone.

@the OP, that's all I've got for ya.
    News to me.
    BTW, funny thing I forgot to add to my previous post. The HP branded box, (with Palm TS image on it), doesn't even list the Pre3 as a compatible device, lists all over webOS phones though... so maybe there were plans to build a bigger/slightly different shape TS but as with everything else that went away.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    perhaps the audio dock version was going to be the only pre3-specific touchstone, and they had decided the original touchstones were good enough for other uses. Or maybe as OldSkool suggests there were plans for a pre3-specific puck as well, but those plans got Apothekered with everything else.
    speedygodzilla and Vistaus like this.
  7.    #7  
    Yes, I was referring to the puck style touchstone. I have plenty of the old ones (just ordered a couple more from Verizon, still about $5.00 each with free 2-day shipping). They just do not hold the Pre3 securely, though. Mainly wanted one that holds the Pre3 as well as the original one hold my Pre in my car-mounted setup. I listen to internet radio through it (bluetooth to car stereo), and want it held securely. If there were exhibition apps that made sense in the car, that would be cool too.

I did see the article and discussion about the audio touchstone. That may have been part of a small engineering sample run. But, since the old touchstone does not hold the Pre3 well, seems like there MUST have been Pre3 specific touchstones ready for sale with the phones.

Maybe someone in the UK has one?

Matt
    All:

There _was_ going to a be a version 2 TouchStone (I have only seen one around here..) but as far as I know, these are even rarer than the Audio Dock. The only real physical difference I can see is that it is somewhat smaller & flatter (angle-wise, that it). The top surface was still as Pre3 unfriendly as the original.

Internally it had what is known as an a6 (code name for a microcontroller) in it that let the phone identify that particular dock so that we could make the phone perform location-specific behavior: "I'm docked in the car, I should bring up music and maps", "I'm on the nightstand, just do alarmclock..." and such.

My Pre 3 routinely falls off the TouchStone that I have stuck on the edge of a bookcase at home (to keep me from losing the phone in the clutter below).

edc
    Quote Originally Posted by chejlava View Post
    Internally it had what is known as an a6 (code name for a microcontroller) in it that let the phone identify that particular dock so that we could make the phone perform location-specific behavior: "I'm docked in the car, I should bring up music and maps", "I'm on the nightstand, just do alarmclock..." and such.
    That is such a good idea. If only...
    Am I the only one whose pre3 is practically rock solid on a palm era touchstone I got new with full accessories in a brown box from US a couple of weeks ago ????
    It's not moving even if I put it vertically (but I do admit that if I simulate a bump in such position, it slides down)
    Quote Originally Posted by chejlava View Post
    All:

There _was_ going to a be a version 2 TouchStone (I have only seen one around here..) but as far as I know, these are even rarer than the Audio Dock. The only real physical difference I can see is that it is somewhat smaller & flatter (angle-wise, that it). The top surface was still as Pre3 unfriendly as the original.

My Pre 3 routinely falls off the TouchStone that I have stuck on the edge of a bookcase at home (to keep me from losing the phone in the clutter below).

edc
    Chejlava - this is all great information, perhaps you should open up a thread for questions or anything else you might be able to share with us! :-D
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    indeed! I have searching high and low for the audio version of the touchstone! Can't find any where! Now to find that there's another touchstone ? Damn I wish these two 'new touchstones would start appearing! Damnit.
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    +1
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    actually I purchased a spare ts from amazon
    $6 or something . Its a palm and to be honest my pre 3 sits pretty solid on it, like the magnets are stronger or something , I don't know if there are two versions or something
    I don't think there are. Initially I had jumping issues with my Touchstone dock that came with my Pre, but after 2.2.4 update the jumping issue were gone.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    those plans got Apothekered with everything else.
    love that! I'm going to use it.

we could also use Hurded for under-invested.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    palm store say they stock a pre 3 touchstone charger. HP Touchstone Charging Dock for Pre 3 - Palm Accessories - would guess it is really the old one but would this then not be incorrect advertising ?
    how much do you bet that it's just the old touchstone with a new part number and the pre3 compatibility label added on the front of the case ?

Seems someone on treo8 questioned the thing.. if I'm not wrong

http://www.treo.net.cn/bbs/thread-271468-1-1.html

here there's a photo comparison of the touchstone sold as pre3 etc, and an older one...
    Personally I don't see the slight difference in shape, curvature etc etc...
    Last edited by mazzinia; 01/05/2012 at 03:37 PM.
    My patches:

All my patches are available in Preware.
    olivercorb likes this.
    the model number in that accessory pack - HP-FB338AA-AC3, does match the one sold standalone HP Touchstone Charging Dock for Pre 3 - Palm Accessories... the original number for the Palm Pre touchstone is 3454WW.

thinking about ordering one as my pre 3 doesn't sit on the original properly at all, but for about £25 more than a normal model, it doesn't seem worth it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast