Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    Just don't understand what's the major difference between webOS 2.1/2.2/3.0. Why 2.2 (Pre3) is so special? With Audiophile, flac is supported on Pre2 (webOS 2.1) and on TouchPad (webOS 3.0) with AudiophileHD Pro, Music Player Remix and even Kmsplayer.
  2. #2  
    Because Audiophile packages ffmpeg into their application, which supplies the extra codecs to that application only. Also, it says here in the comments that Music Player Remix does not support FLAC: http://www.precentral.net/music-player-remix-1

    FLAC has never been a native part of webOS itself, regardless of version. If you want FLAC, you'll have to contact the maker of Audiophile, ask him to test it against a Pre 3, and add it to the list of devices it's available for in the App Catalog.
  3. #3  
    Flac (as part of the ogg vorbis thingy) was added to webOs 3.0 on the TP in one of the recent updates. But that really is the only webos device that natively supports flac and it was just very recently.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by independent1 View Post
    FLAC has never been a native part of webOS itself, regardless of version. If you want FLAC, you'll have to contact the maker of Audiophile, ask him to test it against a Pre 3, and add it to the list of devices it's available for in the App Catalog.
    No that's not true. webOS 3.0.4 has native support for FLAC. However it's correct that webOS 2.x devices do not have native support for FLAC.

    Quote Originally Posted by independent1 View Post
    Also, it says here in the comments that Music Player Remix does not support FLAC: http://www.precentral.net/music-player-remix-1
    You're referencing a page on PreCentral that is out of date. My current app catalog description (https://developer.palm.com/appredire...sicplayerremix) does indicate it supports FLAC and OGG on webOS 3.0.4 and later.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    No that's not true. webOS 3.0.4 has native support for FLAC. However it's correct that webOS 2.x devices do not have native support for FLAC.



    You're referencing a page on PreCentral that is out of date. My current app catalog description (https://developer.palm.com/appredire...sicplayerremix) does indicate it supports FLAC and OGG on webOS 3.0.4 and later.
    So Remix just only make use of webOS 3.0.4's native support for flac. It's not like Audiophile...
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    No that's not true. webOS 3.0.4 has native support for FLAC. However it's correct that webOS 2.x devices do not have native support for FLAC.



    You're referencing a page on PreCentral that is out of date. My current app catalog description (https://developer.palm.com/appredire...sicplayerremix) does indicate it supports FLAC and OGG on webOS 3.0.4 and later.
    Ah, my bad then! Thanks for the clarification.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by casperstar View Post
    So Remix just only make use of webOS 3.0.4's native support for flac. It's not like Audiophile...
    Yes, it supports the music formats supported in webOS.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami

Posting Permissions