1.    #1  
    2 out of 3 times when I tap the middle of the gesture area on my Pre3 to minimize a card, the lightbar lights up, but the card isn't minimized. This is really annoying and completely destroys the wonderful webOS flow I've gotten to love on my Pre+ and Pre2. I have come "this" close to throwing my Pre3 into the wall, it's so frustrating! It doesn't help to reboot the phone, and none of the speed improvement patches help. Any ideas?
    First if you have problem, you need to remember when this problem start to happened.

When your Pre 3 out of the box & no patches installed, Is the problem already there? If yes.. then I bet it is hardware issue, which quite rare in Pre 3.

I found some patches caused problem. So I bet you install patches that have side effect of the gesture area.

Tips: Each time you install/update patch, you need to log / remember it. So if problem happen after that, then the answer is simple, remove it.

BTW... personally, I never tap center gesture area to minimized card usually I use slide finger up from gesture area to screen area.
  3.    #3  
    The problem was there from day one. I had hoped to run the Pre3 pretty much un-patched, but even my Pre+ ran better out of the box than the Pre3. :-(

The light bar lights up, so at least one part of the phone knows I have tapped the gesture area.

If I swipe up, it sometimes takes a second or two for the phone to respond, which causes me to swipe again, and all of a sudden both swipes register, and I get the launcher page. Argh!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    BTW... personally, I never tap center gesture area to minimized card usually I use slide finger up from gesture area to screen area.
    I'm with you on that, a simple flick is much easier that a carefully placed tap. If you get the tap a little above, below or to the side of the light bar it doesn't work so it is simply not worth the trouble.

TBH even on my old Pre- with the real button I never used it. I think of the light purely as a notification light.
    Quote Originally Posted by olebl View Post
    The problem was there from day one. I had hoped to run the Pre3 pretty much un-patched, but even my Pre+ ran better out of the box than the Pre3. :-(

The light bar lights up, so at least one part of the phone knows I have tapped the gesture area.

If I swipe up, it sometimes takes a second or two for the phone to respond, which causes me to swipe again, and all of a sudden both swipes register, and I get the launcher page. Argh!
    If the problem already there since day 1, maybe that's a hardware failure. But before we conclude that, maybe you can doctor it, then start to tweak your pre3 using patches such mojo fps booster, mojo tap responsivness, and mojo flick regulator. Lets see if those patches give some positive effect.
    I'm having a similar issue. For me, though, sometimes the "back gesture" won't work. The LED will shine showing it recognized the swipe, but nothing happens. This started after the 2.2.3 update.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums