Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Now I have 2 Pre Phones - Can I put them both on the Palm Profile (Like I did with the Touch pad) or will the new phone displace the old phone?

If this has been answered - sorry - but hears my story

I have and still use as my Primary cell the Palm Pre - on Sprint (day one, but on my 3rd phone).

Didn't want to miss out on the Pre3 figured it was my last chance, so when ebay prices drifted down to $200 I bought one (ATT Pre3).

Then I wondered what I was going to do with this extra phone, compared the prices ATT listed with my current family plan on Sprint, became obvious that it would be cost prohibitive for me to drop from the Family plan and sigh up on ATT (My wife and daughter are still on that plan).

So after weeks of deliberation, I decided to go with ATT GoPhone plans.

So Now I have 2 pres - Can I put them both on the Palm Prefile (Like I did with the Touch pad) or will the new phone displace the old phone?
    each palm profile can have ONE phone and several touchpads. I presume there is some sort of limit on the number of touchpads, but I don't know what it is. either way, there is no way around the limit of one phone per profile. in fact, as soon as you log a new phone into your existing profile, your old phone will automatically wipe itself.

if you want to put your new phone on your existing profile without wiping your old phone, see here: StopDeviceWipe - WebOS Internals

your old phone will still work, but with no palm profile. I'm not sure what happens then if you create a new profile for your old phone and log it in... I presume it wipes itself at that point.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info - I decided to create a new profile - Don't have that many apps anyway, and the Pre3 will not be my primary phone (yet)