1.    #1  
    Hi guys, I cannot get my touchpad and pre 3 to share sms? I can get the calls to go through the touchpad but not the texts. The option to share sms is on the phone but not there on the touchpad. I hope this is still available to do as it was one of the many reasons I bought a pre 3 to go with my pad? Thanks, Nigel.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I am able both to get calls and sms through my TP. I don't think it influences, but both are using the same webOS account.

All the settings in the Bluetooth preferences are on both devices... So it should work
    HP Pre 3 not capable to display names of people calling in
    Touchpad with cracked case
    I have this problem too...not sure what the problem is. Bluetooth preferences are on on both devices =/ are there any other setup options that should have been chosen?
    I can call from my TP through my Veer but cannot use SMS. I wish I could.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I should add that I have an European Pre 3 on webOS 2.2.0
    HP Pre 3 not capable to display names of people calling in
    Touchpad with cracked case
    i sometimes encounter this problem. I have paired my touchpad and pre3 and can get sms and calls from my pre3 to my tp. There are instances where i need to re-pair them to get the sms or turn off and on the bt in my tp.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
  7.    #7  
    There are 3 toggles within the Bluetooth options on the pre 3 1. Auto connect 2. Mirror phone calls 3. Mirror sms On the touchpad, I only have the first 2 options, the mirror sms option is not there. Now I have to assume this is the problem. I am running 3.0.4. I have a feeling the update to 3.0.4 has taken away the option to share sms, although I can not be sure about this as I did not have my pre 3 when I was running 3.0.2! This is quite frustrating considering it was one of the advertised benefits of getting a pre 3 and a touchpad. Is there anyway to wind back to 3.0.2, or a patch to bring the sms share option back?
    <thread moved>

This is really Pre3 specific... I have had no such problem, make sure when you touch the devices together that you confirm any actions on either device...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  9.    #9  
    do you have to physically touch them together then?
    That is how I have always done it, touch Pre3 to the TP button area... you should see a notification on one or both devices to connect/share

Basically the HP logo to the button.... you should then see a "ripple" on the TP then some confirmation on one or the other device.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  11.    #11  
    Ok thanks, tried to touch the devices , they do connect together but when I try to send a txt from the touchpad it flashes up a message saying a phone needs to be connected to send a message. It then takes me to the Bluetooth page, which Clearly shows that the phone is already connected! Can't work it out..
    Try deleting the devices in the bluetooth menu and then re-add them on both TP and Pre3.
  13.    #13  
    Yay!! Thanks so much, the phone was paired as an audio device, re-paired and happy days!!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coop69coop View Post
    Yay!! Thanks so much, the phone was paired as an audio device, re-paired and happy days!!
    after you got it to work, which i do, did u get the 3rd option on the touvh pad, under the pre3 info for "Mirror SmS"? And also, when recieving a text on ur pre3, do u get a notification on the touchpad? I am not. If i dont check or hear the notification from my phone., i wouldnt know i recieved a msg.