webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Make apps fit the whole screen Pre3
Make apps fit the whole screen Pre3
Like Tree18Likes

Old 05/13/2012, 06:14 PM   #61 (permalink)

I found after doing the resizing, an app will still be full screen even if there are notifications. Thus notifications are not able to be shown when using an app done the modification. Is there a way to prevent this? Notification is just not a thing I'm willing to give up for fuller screen size of apps.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
matchqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 10:15 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmausser View Post

Fixing Background size (thanks Rsanchez1)

Some apps have backgrounds which are just one image sized for Pre (and maybe Pixi) screen sizes. If you're a little experienced in CSS, you can check the app CSS for any body style declarations with a background in them, and add the following:

Code:
    -webkit-background-size: 100% auto;
    background-size: 100% auto;
I don't know if I did it wrong or what but I tried to do it with secustore, and it did not stretch the background image... is worth noting that the background image has 1px width and is being repeated in the "x" direction...

So I went and do it in old fashion hehe... I rebuild the background image to have a height of 800px and now works great...

I attached the file in case somebody wants to use it... the file goes in the following folder:

Code:
/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.makleso.secustorefull/images
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yellow.jpg (775 Bytes, 27 views) Email Attachment
chav1to is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: sshaka

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0